Berger 30 cal heavy Hybrid test

• Thread starter Miche Gallagher
  • Start date
bighorn06 I've used this bushing for years to sort my bullets, all the other bullets will usually go through it like the 210 Burgers if there is a problem with it being undersize I would have none it long before now. I was able to test the 230 out of my 308 Baer at 1000 yards. The wind flags were straight out right to left the first ten shot group was 11.5" I went up half a grain in powder and pushed them out at 2915 fps the group went down to 9" But the group wasn't tight in any respect. I like when they cluster these did not. I think I'll stick with the 210's thank you.

Joe Salt

Hey, Joe ill show you how to make them cluster on Sunday!

They will cluster!

Hey, joe i used them at match 8, shot 7.1 in. nice cluster. shot them this past sunday across cronograph started with same load that i use for 240 seirra's,was 2750, went up a half grain at a time and stopped at 3075 with no pressures out of 308 baer,off the lands. i'm with eric on replacement for the 240 seirra, they show great promise!

Hey Joe,why don't you get Kathy to test them 230's.LOL:)Thats what I shot out of Eric's 300 Dakota at the Nat's,they look very promising.The 215's now ahhh,we have to see what happened to mine at the Nat's,we"ll shoot them Sat. nite before I say anything else.

OK guys I was pushed for time. But would like to know if anyone else is having to put an extra grain of powder with H-4350 lot #80329114917. I was using the chronagraph and my speeds were 60 fps slow. Seemed funny I was half grain from what I was using for the 210's with the 230's. LOL to you Matt, but your not in my relay sunday.HA HA Guess I'm in for another whoppen.

Joe Salt

Hey Joe i agree with Matt Maybe Your not in Matt"s relay but you are in mine. Matt

dk hunt 14 I always shake your hand when you beat me will you do the same. Yes I see you and Eric are there don't forget Vinny he's like Dan the snake.

Joe Salt

No slithering around for me this weekend;)! You guys have a great shoot and a better winter!
cya in the spring.

Hey Vinny
I hope the reason you are not coming to the range is so you will not have to share you secret barrel cleaning recipe with me.Ha ha I know it is not why. Is it.
Danny
ps sometimes we have a snowball shoot so people can close up camps.

Naaa, in fact I made a gallon up for you guys but it'll have to wait till the snowball shoot you mentioned. I planned on coming up to close the camper and test something in my HG so maybe I'll see you guys at the fun shoot.

Vinny, you stay in touch, still have my phone number I hope. Your the only one I worried about beating me this weekend. Had To say that!

Joe salt

Back