Bergara Premier Ridgeback is "Bad to the Bone"

Worker

Bergara Premier Ridgeback 6.5 PRC is "Bad to the Bone"

Shot my Bergara Premier Ridgeback for the 1st time today. My hand loads and factory ammo all shot 1/2 MOA ! 8E2C86CB-76E4-4C72-A402-C441176AF237 (1).JPG
Its a heavy rifle ,medium palma contour bbl ,rides the bags very well . Hand loads were 3 different charges and they all shot 1/2 MOA . 6.5 PRC

Last edited:
Al,

In the post I viewed, the caliber was not listed, but load data was. Note the original post was edited to add the cartridge AFTER I asked.

Worker,

Nice group!

Any factory rifle that will group like that with factory ammo is a treasure. Even in today's market.

10yrs ago I'd have called bs.....(I still will on a Browning LOL) but factory rifles have advanced light years recently. I've got factory Weatherby's (historically king of the freebore) that are so short-throated that mag-length rds touch the lands. Who'da thunk it....

Al,

In the post I viewed, the caliber was not listed, but load data was. Note the original post was edited to add the cartridge AFTER I asked.

Worker,

Nice group!

This is true. I was distracted by downloading a picture of the 2nd group.

Any factory rifle that will group like that with factory ammo is a treasure. Even in today's market.

10yrs ago I'd have called bs.....(I still will on a Browning LOL) but factory rifles have advanced light years recently. I've got factory Weatherby's (historically king of the freebore) that are so short-throated that mag-length rds touch the lands. Who'da thunk it....
I have a MK V in 257 weatherby ,but with a Bartlein bbl Rem Varmint contour and WBY Freebore.It's a 3/4 MOA rifle,I don't shoot it a lot,worried about burning up the bbl to soon...... Back to my Bergara , I bought it on sale for $1799.00 ,watching their videos and and story behind their bbl making,plus explaining their Sub MOA guarantee ,I wasn't surprised it was a good shooter. What amazed me is how effortless it was,right out the gate ,1st group( 1st 5 shots out of rifle) was covered by a dime. They're literature says every rifle is test fired,and the bbl was dirty NIB.

Back