Benchrest/target scope help

scott1119

I need a Bench/target scope for my Anschutz MPR64, It needs to be at least 24 power and focus down to 10 yds, the reason for the close focus is at our shooting club, we have a sucker match, Every body who wants in puts in 10 bucks, we get the cheap little suckers in the 100 packs from wallyworld, drill holes in a 12 foot 2x6 and stick them in, we start at 5 yards and everyone gets 1 shot, if you miss your out, we move the target out 5 yrds each time, sounds to easy, but you would be suprized how many drop out before 25 yrds, lots of fun, winner takes the money.

Any advise on a scope that fits this bill would be greatly appreciated

Scott.
Edit/Delete Message

my sightron 24x ao goes down to 11 yards. the weaver t36 is 50feet. make sure it has an ao, fine cross hair reticle and the t36 for example focuses to 50 feet. marksmanship plays a larger role in parallax at 10 yards as to the parallax error between 50 feet and 30 feet. in other words the t 36 would be great and could be used for distances of 30 feet to infinity.

Scott, keep this bottle cap shooting tip in mind. pretty hard to keep crosshairs centerd on a dot at 15 feet. set the scope up to use like a peep sight with the corners of the reticle aligned on the outside dot. lot easier to align 2 lines than 1 for extreme accuracy.

Back