Benchrest-Silouhette Rifle

kujones

Kjones
Any recommendations on a rifle that will compete in both Benchrest and Sillouhette? Does such a creature exist?

How about a scope to go with it?

How about a front rest for benchrest that will cover both rimfire and centerfire?

You might want to check with Steve B. (Boelter is the correct spelling, I believe). I think you can find him on RFC, typically in the Anschutz forum. He has what is probably the best creature for both disciplines, but would probably require swapping the barreled action between 2 stocks to be really practical for BR and Silhouette.

You could use the silhouette stock for both by adding a 3" glide plate to the forend for BR. A set of higher rings would help get your cheek off the butt although the scope will start to be way above the bench if you do this. No problem for a tall guy but a shorter shooter may have issues.

In Silly-wet a lot of years back they put a limit on the distance between center of scope and bore center. Prior to that we were stacking rings to get the scopes higher and offset for various reasons. I know that with mine I could almost lay it across my chest. The whole butt stock was just about engulfed and brought the height down so you could really anchor your elbow in your hip, extremely stable.

Back