Benchrest Seminar

Once again this coming April 1, 2017 Bob White and I will be putting on a Benchrest clinic at the Cherry Ridge gun club in Highland Lakes, NJ. This will be our eleventh year of this type of clinic. The first session will be classroom where Bob and I will discuss things from the history of organized Benchrest, the types of competition, types of rifles used, reloading, rests, tuning and wind reading plus much more. There will be plenty of time to get all your questions answered. The second session will be a shooting clinic where you can have your choice of shooting a Score or Group target.
Over the years this clinic has been a very big success because we have started students that have went on to be IBS Rookie of the year, became a match director holding IBS registered matches at their range and over twenty shooters that regularly attend registered matches. We are working on prizes for the raffle for the participants and I know we have a Sightron scope in the drawing. Anyone interested in attending please contact Bob White at The Shooters Corner 973-663-5159 or Harley Baker at 610-496-6768.
All are welcome from those that just want to check it out, to the beginning shooter that wants to get better or to the seasoned pro who is looking for that nugget to take them to the next level.
Thank you. Harley Baker

I will for sure be there. Joined Cherry Ridge last year to shoot in Bob's matches, but do to some medical problems, didn't make any. This year I hope it will be much different.

Bob

Hi Harley,

I am looking forward to meeting you. I downloaded the application, printed it and filled it out and put it in today's mail to Bob with a check for both the Seminar on the 1st and the Clinic on the 8th. I hope it gets there in time to make the 40 participant limit.

Question, At the clinic we will only be shooting for experience correct? Just wanted to know if the gun I am bringing has to meet any particular weight class?

Thanks , Bob

BTW, I left the Pay To Line blank on my check because, although I might have missed it, I did not see who to make the check payable to on the application form. Figured Bob would fill in who it should be going to.

Shooting clinic

The match is only a fun match to let the shooter try our sport. The rifles can be just about anything you bring. I would make sure the rifle is zeroed and you have enough rounds. See you at the Seminar.

Thanks. Harley

Thanks Harley,

I will bring my Borden 6.5x47 Lapua, but it is just under 17 pounds, which is why I asked, but I have the scope on it that is zeroed for 100 yards. I just committed to a Clarence Hammond 6PPC from Bob and should have it before the seminar, but will not have time to zero it or really load any ammo for it, so I will shoot the Borden.

Bob

We had a successful Seminar with 30 students in attendance. Some very good questions and quality prospects for our Benchrest future. I would like to thank the students that took time out of their busy schedules to look at the sport that I love. Hopefully we shed some light on Benchrest and you will come out to the shooting clinic next Saturday to get some hands on instructions. I would also like to thank Allan Orr of Sightron Scopes, Jeff Peinhardt of Sta-Moly, Inc. and Jack Neary for some great prizes for our drawings.
This following note is for any range or shooters that holds any type of matches that centers around the accuracy game. Bob and I put this Seminar on for the love of the game and we do it on a shoe string budget. It only cost the students 20-25 dollars to attend and this includes coffee and donuts, as to any monies left over it goes to the Cherry Ridge Gun Club. You do not have to have hundreds of participants or travel all over the country to grow your sport, all it takes is a couple of people with a passion and then go out and spread the word.
Harley Baker

Now that’s what I’ve been talking about, when I say bring the Sport/hobby to the potential competitor.

30 students were introduced to the Sport of Benchrest Competition by a couple of action oriented shooters who love the Sport.

If only a few, end up taking the plunge, it was well worth the time and energy it took to provide the opportunity.

Thanks

Glenn

I will be there, bright and early this Saturday morning to attend the clinic and shoot. Thanks again to Bob and Harley.

Bob

Back