Benchrest Seminar

Benchrest Seminar
On April 6, 2019 Bob White and I will be hosting our annual Benchrest Seminar at the Cherry Ridge Gun Club in Highland Lakes, NJ. This seminar is a two part class. You do not have to come to both parts but to come to the second class you must have attended the first. The first is held at the main club house meeting room. We will cover a variety of subjects from the history of organized Benchrest, to the style of rifles, basic reloading for these rifles, prep and care of the brass, bench setup and rests, tuning of your rifle and reading the wind with wind flags. There will be plenty of time for questions and answers.
The second session will be actual bench time shooting on the range. This date will be April 13, 2019. You will be give a choice of what style target you want to shoot at 100 yards. Either two Score or two Group targets will be made available. There will be some equipment available on a limited bases with a coaching staff to help you understand some of the techniques you saw the week before. If you want to bring your own rifle and rest please bring them. We ask you to make sure they are in safe operating condition and it is zeroed for 100 yards. You must have eye and ear protection to shoot.
I would like to thank the product contributors for their generous donations that at this time is over $1000.00 worth of products. Two of those contributors is Sightron Scopes and Capstone Precision Group the sole distributor of VihtaVuori powders and Lapua Brass.
This seminar has launched the successful Benchrest career of quite a few shooters that have went on to become regulars at our Registered Matches.
All level of shooters are welcome to the Seminars from the beginner to the seasoned shooter. The cost of the seminar will be $10.00 for the classroom day and $15.00 for the shooting day.
Please contact Bob White at The Shooters Corner 973-663-5159 or Harley Baker 610-496-6768

Benchrest Seminar
The classroom part of the seminar is over and it was very well attended (28-30 students). It is so hard to cover the aspects of Benchrest shooting in 6-7 hours but we tried our best. The class had people from just looking to students that are regular competitors at our registered matches. Tons of questions asked and answered plus plenty of follow up emails and text messages.
I would like to thank Capstone Precision Group for their hand outs, reloading manuals and door prizes. One lucky attendee won a Sightron 45X Benchrest scope for a door prize (Thank You Sightron). Our presenters Bob White of Shooters Corner and Gunsmithing covered the History of organized Benchrest (50 plus years of personal history), the classes that we shoot and rifles for those classes and finally Tuners for the barrels. Jeff Peinhardt of Sta-Moly Benchrest products, Jeff's products cover Bullet making dies, presses, full length dies, custom seater dies and all forms of gunsmithing work. Jeff covered wind and mirage reading plus reloading for general and competition . They did a great job and handled a lot of questions. I covered rest and bag setup, Managing the target in competition and Cleaning.
Next Saturday the clinic shooting part of the Seminar will take place. The students will have their choice of two Group or Score targets to compete with. There will be coaches and some equipment available. We are looking for our first student to shoot a perfect Score 100 w 10x's or a teen agg. If it doesn't happen I can guarantee you that it won't be from not trying.
This was a great group of students and I hope they catch the Benchrest Fever like I did. If any person out there wants to put on a seminar please contact me and I will tell you what it takes and how we do it.
Harley Baker
harleywbaker@gmail.com
610-496-6768

Benchrest Seminar
The classroom part of the seminar is over and it was very well attended (28-30 students). It is so hard to cover the aspects of Benchrest shooting in 6-7 hours but we tried our best. The class had people from just looking to students that are regular competitors at our registered matches. Tons of questions asked and answered plus plenty of follow up emails and text messages.
I would like to thank Capstone Precision Group for their hand outs, reloading manuals and door prizes. One lucky attendee won a Sightron 45X Benchrest scope for a door prize (Thank You Sightron). Our presenters Bob White of Shooters Corner and Gunsmithing covered the History of organized Benchrest (50 plus years of personal history), the classes that we shoot and rifles for those classes and finally Tuners for the barrels. Jeff Peinhardt of Sta-Moly Benchrest products, Jeff's products cover Bullet making dies, presses, full length dies, custom seater dies and all forms of gunsmithing work. Jeff covered wind and mirage reading plus reloading for general and competition . They did a great job and handled a lot of questions. I covered rest and bag setup, Managing the target in competition and Cleaning.
Next Saturday the clinic shooting part of the Seminar will take place. The students will have their choice of two Group or Score targets to compete with. There will be coaches and some equipment available. We are looking for our first student to shoot a perfect Score 100 w 10x's or a teen agg. If it doesn't happen I can guarantee you that it won't be from not trying.
This was a great group of students and I hope they catch the Benchrest Fever like I did. If any person out there wants to put on a seminar please contact me and I will tell you what it takes and how we do it.
Harley Baker
harleywbaker@gmail.com
610-496-6768

Sounds like a success! I would’ve loved to have been there. Thank you for donating your valuable time to do this. Our sport needs it.

Brian

Wish it would have been few/several hundred miles closer to me and somewhere other than NJ or NY and a few others over that way..

Originally Posted by Harley Baker
Benchrest Seminar
I would like to thank Capstone Precision Group for their hand outs, reloading manuals and door prizes. One lucky attendee won a Sightron 45X Benchrest scope for a door prize (Thank You Sightron). Our presenters Bob White of Shooters Corner and Gunsmithing covered the History of organized Benchrest (50 plus years of personal history), the essay writing service classes that we shoot and rifles for those classes and finally Tuners for the barrels. Jeff Peinhardt of Sta-Moly Benchrest products, Jeff's products cover Bullet making dies, presses, full length dies, custom seater dies and all forms of gunsmithing work. Jeff covered wind and mirage reading plus reloading for general and competition . They did a great job and handled a lot of questions. I covered rest and bag setup, Managing the target in competition and Cleaning.
Harley Baker
harleywbaker@gmail.com
610-496-6768

Hello Harley,

Is it possible to get the materials from the seminar? Lectures or something. I found only the pdf sheet with the plan of the seminar. I will be working in NJ this month and I wanted to dedicate my free time to Mike Ratigan's Extreme Rifle Accuracy too.

Stefan Albrecht

Hey Harley, Is there a date for the 2020 seminar. I made the last three, but missed the match day in 2019. Still hoping we can get together when there is a break in the weather after the holidays.

Bob

Benchrest seminar

The dates right now are 4/18-19. We are planning on a two day seminar. Day one class room and the following day will be the shooting clinic. Please do not hold me to this announcement because there are some moving parts we are trying to put together. We hope this new format will allow attendees from farther points to show up and only have one weekend tied up. HarleyBaker

All on one weekend, would be nice Harley. Look forward to this firming up. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Bob

Seminar

I sure hope the dates do not change. I have reservations that are already paid for at the Quality Inn. Sent my paid registration for the seminar to Bob White last week.

Benchrest Seminar Registration

Hi Guys,
How does One register for and pay for the upcoming 2020 Benchrest Seminar? (2) individuals from upstate NY would be signing on. Please advise...

Best Regards,
Mike

You can get all the information from Bob White at The Shooters Corner. Send him an E-mail or give him a call. The seminar and clinic are both very inexpensive and if you are a member of the NJ Rifle and Pistol Association / Cheer Ridge Gun Club, it is almost free.

Bob

Back