Bench Rest Technique

I think we're in some kind of agreement here. I couldn't agree more with what alinwa wrote...but as always...I have to say the opposite is also true. Somewhat true, and "somewhat" is all we have to go on.

I think we're in some kind of agreement here. I couldn't agree more with what alinwa wrote...but as always...I have to say the opposite is also true. Somewhat true, and "somewhat" is all we have to go on.

Ohhh Goodness Gracious Gertrude YES!! If the rifle WON'T shoot, or needs to be held one day, thumb pressure the next, freed the next.....in other words if it's finicky or needs baby-sitting, if you need to shoot it with a three-day beard and hold yer mouth just right..... then you might just as well move on as fight it.

Or just keep screwing barrels on 'til you (maybe) find one it likes.

Same is true of lots of things in life

alo

ekp - What is the average group size? Are the "flyers" in the same place everytime? What is your load?

ekp - What is the average group size? Are the "flyers" in the same place everytime? What is your load?[/QUOTEe
It seems I can get three shots to group and the fourth and fifth shot seem to fly to the right. Although the last five shot group went left.

ekp - What is the average group size? Are the "flyers" in the same place everytime? What is your load?[/QUOTEe
It seems I can get three shots to group and the fourth and fifth shot seem to fly to the right. Although the last five shot group went left.

There is your answer, shoot 3 shot groups. After all, it is a Swiss army rifle, not a bench rest rifle and there is no backer. Enjoy yourself. I suppose it would be interesting to hold for a flyer.......

Last edited:
Back