Bench rest Scope decission, high end...

D

DOUG DOTY

I was planning to order a new Weaver t36 but eun into " out of stock " everywhere I have checked so I can't believe it but I am looking at and considering the Leupold 35,40,45 x45 series.

Two questions for the pros here, I am moving up from a Leu. 20x for the sole purpose of more mangification and the T36 seemed like a ton of Mag. but when I look through the equipment lists of national level shooters there seems to be a migration towards bigger scopes thus the thoughts about the Leupold 35,40,45x45 options. Also once in this price range are the Nightforce 12-42x56 a serius consideration.

Will I likely learn to enjoy the 40x or 45x scope. Opinions please before I spend this money.

Thanks guys,

Doug...

Doug, it depends upon what kind of rifle you are going to use the scope. If it's on a 100/200 yard competition benchrest rifle, then the NF scope would have a problem with weight as they are very heavy compared to a Weaver or Leupold competition scope. The Weaver will run about 17 ounces, a Leupold about 4 ounces more, with a Nightforce BR model running 36 ounces.

Back