Be warned! Could be YOU!

It always pays to know the laws o the states you are traveling through as they trump the basic laws layed down by the feds.

this clearly points out that, if you did not already know, the dc is not part of the us of a , sort of like califorina and a few other places which do not recognize the 2nd ammendment of the us constitution.......
you chose not to recognize MY CONSTITUTION, i chose what to do if i enter your locale...

he never should have yes tot he seach...never allow thim on your property ot in your house or car...NEVER.

mike in co

Scroll down to just below the map.http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/usa.pdf
IMO he has a lawsiut against the DC police. After all, if ignorance is no excuse for a citizen, it certainly should not be for law enforcement.
Years ago, when our city was about to pass a bull firearms law as a knee jerk reaction, I called the city attorney's office and read them this Federal law, and the matter was dropped, and never heard from again.

I think the last paragraph of the article pretty well sums things up:

"A valiant soldier who proudly serves our country is being treated like a criminal by the District. The nation owes him gratitude, not harassment for safely transporting guns through the nation’s capital. The lieutenant’s firearms should be returned to him by overnight express -- with a note of apology."

So, what else is new??

You guys who especially participate in competition accross state or city lines, or air-space boundries must already have been aware of such dangers and risks you face for simply trying to mind your own business while transporting your guns to and from your destination. Some of the worst cases have especially been reported to occur durng airline stop-overs/ transfers when guns inadvertently end up at terminals in major hub cities like NYC, Chicage, or etc.

Much of the time IF you are willing to go through the time and trouble to get your firearms back, the guns will often be returned to you in bad condition. I shutter to think how my mint condition 1972 West German Weatherby would look after a trip in the trunk of a squad car, and a 2 1/2 year stay at the police precint and "evidence" locker.

Back