Bausch and Lomb 6-24x40AO scope.

Calfed

I'm assembling an entry level F-class rifle from parts that I already have.

I've got a Winchester M70 Target model with a 30" Hart barrel (.308) that I'm looking for a scope base for:

bdAGj8S.jpg

I'm planning on using a B&L 6-24x40 AO scope that I have.

ModH22C.jpg

I've heard that this scope is known for having limited elevation adjustment and am wondering if anyone has any experience or knowledge of that.

Thanks.

Last edited:
"F" class rifle

all that equipment will get you started......... all you need is a set of double dovetail bases and some burris signature rings with plastic inserts..... go shoot`n......

Thanks, B.

I forgot to mention that the rifle has a jewel trigger, which I've heard is supposed to be fairly good.

I'm starting to get ansy about getting a scope on this baby and taking it shooting :)

I'm new to F-Class and long range shooting and live in Hendersonville, NC and wondering if there are any F-Class competitions in the state?????

Last edited by a moderator:
You will need rings and bases with 20 minutes of "Look Down"

With your .308, the come up from 400 meters to 500 meters is the same as the come up from 200 meter to 400 meters.

Signature rings with inserts might work.

Your scope has limited elevation adjustment; but it is a very good scope.

Go to the Leopold web site and do a search on how to "correctly" center the crosshairs before you mount the scope. NO you do not run the adjustment knobs and count clicks.

Go here for bases: http://www.sinclairintl.com/optics/...nightforce-tapered-steel-bases-prod41361.aspx

Last edited:
I bought...

I bought three of these scopes when they first came out. All three were great scopes except for one that fogged up on the inside. I sent it back for service under the "lifetime" warranty. They answered that the scope was obsolete and they didn't have the parts to fix it (o rings). They would however, send me a new scope for $325 difference. I told them to clean it up on the inside and use the original O-rings. They did and the scope was returned clear.

I was very disappointed with this service. The warranty did not state, "repair or replace until the scope is considered obsolete." The scope was only two years old when I returned it for service.

This is just my personal opinion of the Bousch & Lomb service. The scopes, except for this incident, continued to give good service.

Virg

I bought three of these scopes when they first came out. All three were great scopes except for one that fogged up on the inside. I sent it back for service under the "lifetime" warranty. They answered that the scope was obsolete and they didn't have the parts to fix it (o rings). They would however, send me a new scope for $325 difference. I told them to clean it up on the inside and use the original O-rings. They did and the scope was returned clear.

I was very disappointed with this service. The warranty did not state, "repair or replace until the scope is considered obsolete." The scope was only two years old when I returned it for service.

This is just my personal opinion of the Bousch & Lomb service. The scopes, except for this incident, continued to give good service.

Virg

Sorry to hear about that one scope, Virg.

I found an EGW 20 MOA base for this rifle and mounted the B&L scope. I've only shot it out to 300 yards so far, but it did well.

I3HefPw.jpg

df73XhO.jpg

After getting it on paper with some cheap .308 ammo, I switched to 168 FGMM at 100 yards

E4Lah5E.jpg
uBkgzXF.jpg

Moved back to 200 yards and switched to 175 gr FGMM

XAy0Pa1.jpg
Yqe5uk8.jpg

Moved the target to 300 yards

odRLwaf.jpg
AumZKLA.jpg

Finally tried some handloads at 300 yards...the Winchester liked 41.7 grs of 4064 best. (I was going to try a three shot group, but threw the third shot out at about 11 o'clock, so I turned it into a 5 shot group). I noticed that the point of impact shifted to the left when I switched to my reloads.

t23ktog.jpg
xpdvhSN.jpg

Back