Ballistic Coefficient?????

F

fe1

Anyone know what the B.C. is for Brady Knight 30 cal 124.5 gr. 1 in 13 twist bbl. I contacted Brady but he didn't have it.
Thanks, Floyd

Thanks Al,Iwas needing it to create a drop chart for a special match we have coming up. We will be shooting from various distances from 15yds. out to 220 yds.
Thanks, Floyd

Don't thank me too much, the SWAG was exactly that! :) It'll have to be confirmed in the real world, keep us posted.

al

Thanks Al,Iwas needing it to create a drop chart for a special match we have coming up. We will be shooting from various distances from 15yds. out to 220 yds.
Thanks, Floyd

This is just my own humble farm-boy opinion, but for those distances I don't think BC will play that big of a role. What the bullets lacks in BC can be more than compensated for, and probably exceeded, with speed.

I'd work up the most accurate load and then do some actual shooting to determine the correction needed for each distance. You'll have to do that even if you determine the BC and run a chart with one of the ballistic programs, so save the time and trouble.:cool:

Again, JMHO

Ray

Anyone know what the B.C. is for Brady Knight 30 cal 124.5 gr. 1 in 13 twist bbl. I contacted Brady but he didn't have it.
Thanks, Floyd

Depending upon meplat diameter and, to a lesser degree, nose radius, you'll find that the BC for thirty caliber bullets of this weight will run in the .32 to .35 range:Brady's excellent bullets should fit into this range. The BIB ten ogive 125 has a [calculated G1) BC of .36; the seven ogive version is about .34 (going on memory here - always dangerous!). That siad, at these ranges, Ill have to agree with Ray - BC won't buy you much.

You can view the calculated BCs (G1s - I haven't got the G7s up yet) for the various BIB bullets at: www.bibullets.com - for other thirty caliber bullets, of similar design, extrapolation won't leave you far off. RG

Last edited:
Back