Bald Eagle Rest Parts

tomon

I bought a rest fom them back in the nineties, and managed to break the windage top knob, and the foreend stop. Anybody know a source for this stuff? Are they still in business? Thanks in advance!:D tomon

Bill sold out some time ago. I don't think they are available at this time. I may have a stop assembly and would like some type of photo of what you have. I have 2 Bald Eagles and do not use what you are asking about. I believe my email is in my data on this forum. Just click on my name, if not send me an PM with your email address.
Butch

Thanks for your replies. Pictures aren't happening for awhile due to house being torn up and half packed! I might be able to scan an old Precision Shooting ad with that top on. The foreend stop is a stud coming straight out from the front of the windage plate, and has a sliding perpendicular piece with a bottom thumb screw and a Delrin (?) top. On the windage knob, the plastic handle broke off the shaft in pieces, so unable to be glued back together. It still works, but is a pita.

I am also looking for the part that holds the aperture of a Redfield Palma sight. Any broken sights out there?

Last edited:
Tom,
I have a complete stop assembly that I will send to you no charge if you will send me an address. Is the knob one that fits on the head of a socket head screw? If it is, what is the diameter of the part that it was pressed onto?
Butch

Butch.... It is. I had to cut off what was left of the plastic knob. The 5/16x24x1 1/2 socket head has an exterior dimension of .460 inch with 1/4 inch hex drive. They sharpened the end to a point. How does one send an address on this forum? Is there something you are looking for that I might send you in return?
I figured it out and sent you an email, I hope!

Last edited:
I own only one pre 64, and no Mausers. My Winchester 54 in 30-30 came with hidden damage to the stock. One side of the heel of the pistol grip is severely chipped, but I waited so long to find one at any kind of fair price that I kept it. I am going to shoot in in local Cast Bullet Benchrest matches in production rifle-Iron sight category. I put on a Redfield WB-490 receiver sight block on (a bolt up) and am going to use a Palma sight. The front sight is going to be a little more unusual. I don't want to change the factory front, so I'll mount a ladder front long range sight behind it. A custom bushing will have to be made in two pieces to go down to the sporter barrel dimension.

Back