Austin Rifle Club - Match Results August 28, 2022 - Mulhall takes First Place

ARC 100 yd Match for Score
25 shooters - 3 Hunter Rifle, 4 Factory , 18 VFS

We had 25 shooters attend today's match which is a record for the ARC Benchrest Match. Glad to see so much interest. Good conditions , only in the 90's and a slight SE @ 5-10.
In VFS, 9 chooters clean goin into Match #5. Don Mulhall stayed steady and beat the rest of us REAL good with his 1st place 250-20X. 2nd was Steve Brown at 250-16X. A 3 way tie for 3rd at 250-14X was Kochanowicz, Krause and Steinhagen. Larry Kochanowicz wins by tiebreaker with the others just also rans. Welcome to new shooter Mark Dixon in the VFS group.
Hunter rifle was won by Tommy Maedgen, 243-10X, and Curt Gallaher takes 2nd at 240-4X.
Factory rifle winner was Dicky Johnson with 244-10X and 2nd was Paul Shanklin at 244-7X. Shoutout to John Price getting 3rd place Factory and getting his 1st '50' target.

For some reason there was an abundance of crossfires (4) and each was hard to straighten out cause nobody owned up to their errant shots. So I called in the DOJ but since I had tried to solve it they said they wouldn't comment on an ongoing investigation. We'll look at the surveillance tapes and render judgement.

Wonderful to see a full firing line but it makes for a busy match to run.
Good shootin guys...and gal.
Steve Krause
Match Director

Attachments

• ARC-2022Aug.JPG
    ARC-2022Aug.JPG
    819.5 KB · Views: 144
Enforcement on the way

ARC 100 yd Match for Score
25 shooters - 3 Hunter Rifle, 4 Factory , 18 VFS

We had 25 shooters attend today's match which is a record for the ARC Benchrest Match. Glad to see so much interest. Good conditions , only in the 90's and a slight SE @ 5-10.
In VFS, 9 chooters clean goin into Match #5. Don Mulhall stayed steady and beat the rest of us REAL good with his 1st place 250-20X. 2nd was Steve Brown at 250-16X. A 3 way tie for 3rd at 250-14X was Kochanowicz, Krause and Steinhagen. Larry Kochanowicz wins by tiebreaker with the others just also rans. Welcome to new shooter Mark Dixon in the VFS group.
Hunter rifle was won by Tommy Maedgen, 243-10X, and Curt Gallaher takes 2nd at 240-4X.
Factory rifle winner was Dicky Johnson with 244-10X and 2nd was Paul Shanklin at 244-7X. Shoutout to John Price getting 3rd place Factory and getting his 1st '50' target.

For some reason there was an abundance of crossfires (4) and each was hard to straighten out cause nobody owned up to their errant shots. So I called in the DOJ but since I had tried to solve it they said they wouldn't comment on an ongoing investigation. We'll look at the surveillance tapes and render judgement.

Wonderful to see a full firing line but it makes for a busy match to run.
Good shootin guys...and gal.
Steve Krause
Match Director

I'll have to come next time to straighten out all those "cross fires." I'll bring my enforcement cross bow.

Virg

Help Welcome

You just may need to come out and keep all these grey haired entrants in line. DOJ too busy at the moment.

Crossfires mainly due to increased participation that caused us to add three temporary wood target backers. Targets were real close to each other and alignment was a little off causing some misdirected aiming.
Even so, gotta keep your head in the game, pay attention and shoot YOUR target. The rule states....when you crossfire you need to report it immediately after the completion of that match. Made for some detailed scoring but allowed some leeway as some were shooting at a slight angle. Strictly inadvertent.

Back