April vintage match

i think i will use my mossberg 44us(a) for the iron sight match.
anyone else going to give it a try?

i will use my mossberg 144lsa with a cheap 3-7 power for scoped

What's the cut off date for a rifle to be vintage. I may be abel to get my hands on a rifle with an old Weaver K-3 on it. Cant use iron sights because of eye problems.
52-Shooter

No more

i want to try to go to the next one.there is one on april 7 but its centerfire.i might go just to see how the shoot is run.

Outside benchrest rimfire shoots at LCRC till next winter. They do hold a prone match in the summer. Orrington club has a 100 yd benchrest match scheduled for late October.

I will be at the IBS match Sunday. Look me up if you show up. Greg

rifle= mossberg 144lsa
sights=peep
ammo=22 long
position=benchrest
score=200

Attachments

• april iron balloon.jpg
    april iron balloon.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 195
Nice,
So far I guess you win.
Is there a way to break a tie.
50 Shooter

Sounds good. As you may remember because of my eye problem I can no longer shoot with iron sights, but if the weather gets nicer I may be able to shoot the scope event.
52-Shooter

Well we had a decent day today so got to the range to see how this target and gun would work out. It's an old Winchester squirrel rifle with a Weaver K-3 from the 1960's.

It seemed that shooting a rifle at 25 yds was going to be way to easy because that's Pistol range where I come from but I haven't shot Pistol since my eyes went to hell about 10 years ago.

I was right, shooting a rifle at 25 yds with a scope was not a problem, in fact it seemed so easy that I got a little sloppy and almost missed a center hit. If your using standard NRA scoring it looks like it comes out to a 270 score. I can see where you may have a lot of ties with this shoot because of the target and the short distance with a scope. Soon as we get another nice day I'm going to try the other match over at RFA, it looks like it may be more of a challenge.

Rifle - Winchester Model 75
Scope - Weaver K-3
Ammo - CCI 22 LR HV
Position - Benchrest
Score - 270

24exu0i.jpg

OK,
April is over, and I guess no one else shot, now what ?.
52-Shooter

Back