Anyone see a 513T.............?

with a tubular magazine??

Have you ever seen one, or know anyone who has? :confused:

Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hey Brian,
Nope, a 513T didn't come with a tube mag. There were several different rifles in the 5teen series. A 510, 511, 512 ,513, 514, and a 521. They all used the same action, with the exception of the 514. It was a barrel and action all in one.

I still get them mixed up, but I believe that the 512 was the one that had the tubular magazine. I think the 510 was the single shot, the 511 was the lighter stock and lighter barrel "sporter" if you will, that took a magazine. The 513 was the target version, and a mighty fine little gun it is, too.

I have seen stocks swapped around on these actions before. Wouldn't be impossible for someone to have put a 513 stock on a 512. They would have had to cut out room for the tubular magazine, and it would have looked all kinds of funny though.

Greg

Were those receivers threaded...........??

I looked at the rifle carefully today, and while the barrel says, "513T Matchmaster", I believe it was a made-up gun.
The receiver has the same bolt-sleeve, tapered, w/the ridges on it, and there's a sporter-type stock, inletted for the tubular mag, and the hanger for the tube is in the right place. But, there are some very tiny scratches (2-3) near the hanger itself, that leads me to believe someone put it together using a 513T barrel they came across. There is no wording on the receiver.

I've been thinking of putting swivels on it to make it easier to carry in the woods, and a decent 'scope (got a no-name 4X on it now), and probably a cryo job, to see what it can really do (or not).

I got a target w/it, good for a sporter, but not the fantastic; But I see the 'scope isn't mounted perfectly true either, so who knows what it is really capable of? I'll square-up the mounting of the 'scope before I do anything else to see how it shoots as is, and, the price was right, so, I have the opportunity to experiment.

Thanks for the replies, I appreciate the help.

Brian

The barrel is held in with 2 pins, what you appear to have is a 512 reciever, this was the only model in the 500 series that was tube fed.

Randy

Thanks, Randy...........

I haven't taken it out of the stock yet, but that confirms my thoughts, I suppose.

I guess someone wanted something that shot a bit better than a sporter....:D

We'll see how she does when I get some more time.

Back