anybody going to courtdays tomorrow?

M

mr. nobody

i'm taking a custom .17hmr that i have in my way. the rifle shoots very very well and i hate to trade or sell it off, but i really don't need it anymore. since i moved up to .22lr matches this thing has just sat around and been a safe queen. i was just wondering if anybody else was going that posts on this forum?

I used to go, but too many people plus I haven't found any interesting guns there in a while. I'm sure you'll have plenty of company.

mr. nobody

Howdy!
I live in the "greater metro Mt. Sterling region", but I gotta get up in 3 1/2 hours and go to work. Prolly can't get there til after church on Sunday.

Best of luck not getting insulted on your rifle. I gotta agree with Beau on this one, the only interesting rifles I have seen there in the last few years were the ones I was carrying. They seem to have the attitude that all of their junk is stuff, and all of your stuff is junk. It is somewhat comical when they are not sure what you have, want to insult the rifle while at the same time they still want to buy it for free.

Beware of old coots and pocketknives! And I say "old coots" with respect. Them there cagey old fellers don't get to be that old with some high quality/priced knives by being stupid! And, believe me on this, it ain't always about the money, it is about wearing a young guy out on the good knives! It is there version of "the kill". Been there, done that, keep getting whipped and keep going back. At least I know my weaknesses.:)

Eat one of those GREAT big old pork chops, and an apple dumplin' or three. Enjoy a 200 plus year old tradition.

Take care,
Greg

Last time I went the traffic was backed up onto I-64. I decided then if I ever think about going again someone have me comitted! Actually I enjoy it once you get parked and start walking around! 404bang got it right "enjoy a tradition". It's like the TV advertisement, "It aint there....you don't need it":D

i found a rimfire .22lr match rifle in a stock just like a suhl. it wasn't a suhl because it didn't have the bolt release onthe side, and a safety on the rightside of the action just under the bolt slide. there was no name on the action at all. i had a spent .22lr case in my pocket(i just slipped one in my pocket this morning. i don't know why) and it had a 2oz trigger. the trigger blade was about a half inch wide. the action was black but the barrel was so shiney it looked like it was nickel plated!! no name on the barrel or anything. i could have picked it up cheap enough but i was afraid to because i didn't have a clue to what it was!!!! hind sight is 20/20. i should have baught it!!

thier stuff was gold of course and mine was lead to them!!! if you reload .380 you can make a might off of it right now. winchester white box with 100 rounds was selling for $55 a box!!!!! 50 rounds was between $35 and $40!!! i'm ganna start picking up all the .380 brass and buy dies and bullets!! i'm ganna take a few 1000 to the next gun show and sell them for $5 less than the cheapest person i see with it set out!!!!

mr. nobody

You didn't fergit about them there GREAT big ol' pork chops and apple dumplin's did ye?:D

Some of those guys have a HIGH opinion of their stuff! I have literally seen some prices triple that of the Blue Book. I once offered one ol' boy a rifle just like his and in far better condition for half of his asking price, and we both just smiled real big. Some folks will never figure out that eventually, everything catches up with you.

Take care!
Greg

man they had some damned great porkchops. thick as a big steak, and juicy!! i skipped the apple dumplings!! i keep remembering that apple dumpling gang movie from when i was young!!!! why i don't kow!!

it was cold and wet, but i did enjoy it!!

The last thing I found there that I bought was an XP. It's the basis for the Calfee XP I have now. Wrapped in an old rag and for sell for $250. Obviously not on a gun dealers table.

My wife did find what she thought was a fake Louis Vuitton Purse for $50. Jamacian guy said he would let her have a discount because she looked like such good grandma. Pissed her off, but she bought it. Turned out to be authentic. Probably a $1,000 purse. Maybe a little warm?

Back