Anybody ever had Bob Green work on an Anschutz?

VaniB

I'm seriously considering having my 22 Hornet Anschutz rebarreled to a 17AHornet. Greg Tannel is great at this, but is backlogged for 8 months. Has anybody ever had gunsmith and CZ/Ruger small-bore aficianado Bob Green do it?

Not a good sign that I got no response over at the Saubier Forums where picky small stuff is king. Thought I'd go lookin here too.

Thanks for the reinforcement.

I've just finished emailing him; Figured I might as well tell him what I got, and ask him up front if he's familiar and/or comfortable working with it.

Vani, Bob Green is a top BR gunsmith & does excellent work, however I've not heard of him working on Anschutz with pressed in barrels. If Bob doesn't work out, try Evelio McDonald in Houston, TX. He does really good work on these rifles, and his turn around is relatively quick. Evelio recently did a 22 K-Hornet for me on an Anschutz 1730D.

Saubier..

I'm seriously considering having my 22 Hornet Anschutz rebarreled to a 17AHornet. Greg Tannel is great at this, but is backlogged for 8 months. Has anybody ever had gunsmith and CZ/Ruger small-bore aficianado Bob Green do it?

Not a good sign that I got no response over at the Saubier Forums where picky small stuff is king. Thought I'd go lookin here too.

had a gun or guns built by Bob Green when he used to shoot benchrest more or less steadily. He is one fine gunsmith.

Last edited:
Bob Green

Is not above taking on the odd challenge now and then and doing a great job on it. I would certainly confer with him first because he sees clients by appointment only. Run your idea past him and he will give you the real story on the chance of success or failure. He has done a couple of oddball re-chambering and barrel replacements that only I could come up with and the results have been top notch, to say the least.

Back