Any news about the SoCal Regional?

As best I can remember which is dangerous fo me

First a big thank you to Joe and his excellent crew for their graciousness, generosity and hard work in putting on an incredible match. Shooting at Joe's Open Grove's Regional Match is an experience that every benchrest shooter should be lucky enough to participate in.

I am reciting the final results from memory and the few scores I can recall are at best a guess. Joe will be probably be posting the official standings as soon as he recovers from a very busy 3 days.

The match was shoot in some of the more challenging conditions that have been seen this year, reminding many of Ione, CA rather than Open Grove. We had the usual continuously switching winds, but this year the velocity was up two or three levels from last years match. We also shot he match using the new World BR standard of 20 minutes per target. That said there was some incredible shooting that took place. It was clear that everyone stepped up their game from last year.

As best I can recall,

Light Varmint
RussH...........726
MattL............719
JimC.............715

Heavy Varmint (only one point separated these three going into the last card)
ViphaM..........740
DougM..........738
MattL............737

I cannot recall the Open and Unlimited top three but I do know that Wayne Burns borrowed LD's Open Class USFT and won both classes going away. Wayne was a last minute fill in for a cancellation, and several of us believed he should have stayed home in Oregon :)

High card of the match was an incredible 249 shot by LinzieB in Heavy Varmint. Her card started with a clear 9 on target 1 followed by 24 tens and X's, that's doing it the hard way!

Top Ag shooter was World BR top ten finisher MattL shooting his DanB built “wundergun” TM1000 in 3 of the 4 classes.

Please remember these are unofficial and Joe will be posting the final results.

Jim in Sacramento

Below is a video of the wind conditions during the Unlimited Class match, this was typical of what the shooters faced most of the weekend
[video]http://s1153.photobucket.com/user/22Jim/media/Airgun/General/OpnGrv2013-1_Med_zpsfecddc70.mp4.html[/video]

Last edited:
Those look tuff conditions, especially for the LV class.

I do like those Mike Ezell flags, we are in negotiations at the moment :)

Brian

Great Shooting All

Any event Joe puts on is 1st class!

Brian in regards to the Ezell wind flags. They are super sensitive. I noticed at the Northeast Regionals this year, that the props started spinning on mine 5-10 rpms before any other flags even started to rotate. This equated to at least 1 scoring ring for me in LV.

MarkN:cool:

Brian in regards to the Ezell wind flags. They are super sensitive. I noticed at the Northeast Regionals this year, that the props started spinning on mine 5-10 rpms before any other flags even started to rotate. This equated to at least 1 scoring ring for me in LV.

MarkN:cool:

Thanks Mark, sounds good.

Mike is looking into making me a set to fit the tripods I have. Very much looking forward to trying them out.

Brian

Thanks Jim, it was nice seeing you and Stu here. You both did well.

Brian,

You will not be disappointed with Mike's flags.

Regards,

Joe

Some help please!

Attached is a photo of a custom bench rifle with Mauser action and a 2" Unertl x 20 scope. I have someone one interested in scope only. 800 dollars. This gun was my grandfathers and it is a 22-250 and is close to 60 years old. I really don't want to break up the set. Anyone have any first guess as to value?? It is in like new grade. I watched my grandpa shoot a marble at 100 yards with this gun!

Thanks,

Mike

Hope photo works. I do have more!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 147
Wrong location

Attached is a photo of a custom bench rifle with Mauser action and a 2" Unertl x 20 scope. I have someone one interested in scope only. 800 dollars. This gun was my grandfathers and it is a 22-250 and is close to 60 years old. I really don't want to break up the set. Anyone have any first guess as to value?? It is in like new grade. I watched my grandpa shoot a marble at 100 yards with this gun!

Thanks,

Mike

Hope photo works. I do have more!

First this is the Air Gun forum
Second what you have and your question would be better served on www.RimfireCentral.com
Good Luck!
Pete

Brian,

You will not be disappointed with Mike's flags.

Regards,

Joe

I haven’t heard a bad word about Mikes flags Joe and he is a pleasure to deal with.

Congratulations on the SoCal Regional, you really seem to run matches that all others are to be judged by – well done.

Brian

Back