Any comments?

There are a lot of rifles capable of consistant 1/4 inch groups, almost entirely benchrest or other custom rifles.
The problem is that you give a 1/4 rifle to the "average" shooter he will only shoot a 1/4 inch group as a fluke.
The "average" shooter will not put in the practice to be able to shoot 1/4 inch groups, he/she is satisfied if they hit
what they are shooting at "most of the time".
I personally have bad days when I wonder if I can shoot small groups, lots of wind out here, and can be rather unsteady due to a number of factors.
To gaurantee consistent 1/4 inch groups one would have to condition it with who the shooter is and the ammunition.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know Tim McWhorter, and he is a very good gunsmith. I could not believe that he would guarantee 1/4 minute groups, so I looked at his webb site and found that he guarantees 1/2 MOA for calibers 338 and below. Tim is a BR competitor and hunter and has been in this business a long time. There is a lot of difference in 1/2 MOA and 1/4 Moa. Good shooting.....James

It says right there on page 1 of 13 posts, that it is for a one shot group. Someone's having fun. ;)

Tac Ops is the company listed. I'm sure they are fine rifles. They use a factory receiver, recoil lug, and trigger. They put a Kreiger barrel on it and a McMillan stock. They square up the receiver and adjust the trigger and use a Black T finish on it. Guaranteed to shoot 1/4"MOA with Federal Gold Medal Match ammo.
Butch

The only ones I have seen are that if the smith builds the entire rifle, selects the reloading components and shoots the rifle himself.

If it's a varmint gun then to me it's well worth it for one you get to know from the start what the 'magic' load is and if the smith happens to have a world record or 2 hanging on his wall, well you get the point.

I can see the new owner with the stock up tp his shoulder, elbows' on the bench, forearm on a pillow, making a sight change with every shot. To me, that would be a dumb claim to make, and just as dumd to believe.

Jackie: There are just to many variables to make a claim like that. We all know there are numerus rifles' out there that can do this. One look at the record board will tell you that. How many rifleman could I send a rifle to, and have them state it was not a .250 rifle?

Back