Anschutz receiver thread?

Fergus Bailey

Anybody happen to know the thread of the hole in the front (barrel end) of an Anschuz repeater action? Also the length of the front action screw? Have somehow managed to misplace a crew from my son's rifle.

Furgus,
Just go to your local hardware store & get what you need they will have all sorts of metric bolts, screws etc - this is not Star War's!!
Make Sense?
Doug

Don - Furgus is Down Under so I figured metric should not be a problem!

Furgus,
If you do not have a hacksaw to cut the bolt to length & a file to clean up the cut end then any local gunsmith should be able to fit one for you at a reasonable cost.
Even if you ordered one from a mail-order gun store it would still probably need to be cut to length.
Doug

Don - Furgus is Down Under so I figured metric should not be a problem!

Furgus,
If you do not have a hacksaw to cut the bolt to length & a file to clean up the cut end then any local gunsmith should be able to fit one for you at a reasonable cost.
Even if you ordered one from a mail-order gun store it would still probably need to be cut to length.
Doug

You can run a 1/4 x 28 tap in there They are real close.

You can run a 1/4 x 28 tap in there They are real close.

The 6mm diameter is a bit smaller, but the 28 thread is not close. After 5 threads, you'll be a whole thread off. It's better to get a proper metric screw made if you have to.
JMHO,
Ron

Back