Anschutz 64 mpr to a 54 match

scott1119

I have always wanted a Anschutz 54 match single shot. I have a great mpr 64 stainless barrel that shoots awesome. Accuracy is not at a issue, its the want of a 54.. I offered a buddy of mine my stainless mpr 64, A like new stainless browning buck mark and a sightron s3ss 8-32x56 all for his 54 match and he turned me down! Did I make a bad offer? I thought it was more than fair.

Put another way....

Let's say you have a wife you have grown accustomed to and meets your needs. A man with too many wives is jealous of your happiness. He offers you three of his, a couple of whom are young and quite fetching.

Do you really want to give up your happy life with your one wife so you can try to get accustomed to 3 new ones?

My ancient Annie M54(1974) 1411 has kicked butt for the last 3 years against Annie M64's at my local club. Some with tuners (although the operators never had a clue what to do with them, they just look cool 'quote from a cashed up shooter').

Just find the preferred diet of you Anschutz M54 and kick butt. My old girl is pretty picky and prefers Eley Tenex but then why not let her show off a bit?

* doghunter *

View attachment 20010

Traded for this 1413, very happy with it

Good purchase. I made a front sled for my M54 to fit the rail under the fore-end, it rides a front rest nicely.

When I was 14 years old I learned how to shoot with an Anschutz just like your one, complete with aperture sights. Used to kick butt!

Slugged my barrel, it has a choke starting about 1.5 in before the crown. Try different brands of ammo. Mine likes Eley Tenex and Lapua Polar Biathlon (on cold days).

Then just watch the flags and have fun beating the M64's.

* doghunter *

I haven't seen much difference in the accuracy between the MPR and various 54's I have owned a few of both and it all depends on the ammo that is matched to the gun and the skill level of the shooter. I have won numerous times at a club where there is anywhere from 12 to 18 shooters in a factory class match with my MPR competing against 54's - 40x's - Win 52's, etc.

with age comes wisdom ( well if you survive all the screw ups that account for the wisdom) or the skill set for a particular endeavor.

Back