Another way to chamber?

If anyone is curious (I was) as to the cost of the Granlund reamer holder mentioned in this post the list price is $933.50 in the US.

If anyone is curious (I was) as to the cost of the Granlund reamer holder mentioned in this post the list price is $933.50 in the US.
A true floating holder with no inhabition ain't cheap. Some we used on turret lathes in the 1970's were about $400 then.

I have used Clymer so called floating reamer holder in the past.
But even though I trued it and fixed the surfaces before so it's as good as the construction permits it's still some piece of junk.
I destroyed some chambers that got to wide and after that bought the granlund.
The Granlund was bouhgt new, and that is something I rarely every do, as I hate to spend that kind of money but I was really frustrated.
And I have never regretted the buy, as it's extrmely good.

Technika

I have used Clymer so called floating reamer holder in the past.
But even though I trued it and fixed the surfaces before so it's as good as the construction permits it's still some piece of junk.
Technika

Mr. Technika would you believe, that calling an American made and used tool a piece of junk on this forum is a crime.

Mr. Technika can you possibly believe, that it may help to create an accelerated list of enemies?

Con

Con

Ouch! That puts it out of my reach. Can't justfy that ammount.
Thanks for that reality check.

I have two.
One that I bougth is agony and paid full price for and one found a a flea market for 8 dollars.........

So you can always find the best things for the lowest prieces, but never ever when you need them

Technika

OK,

I'll give you $16.00 for the one you bought at the flea market.
Plus $10.00 shipping.

Double your money.

:)

Very nice work and a great shop.

I would love to have a small mill like yours - the Aciera F3.

Those revolving steady rests are really nice too.

I love the 1911 that you did. All of the etching on your pistols looks great, but the finish and grips on the 1911 really get me.

Thank you very much.
Made one revolving steady rest for the lathe as well, but rarely use it.

Technika

Back