Annie 2013

R

Rob Austin

Guys is it possible to be competitive with a factory 2013?

Is the action good enough and an aftermarket barrel what is required?

Any opinions or advise would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Rob

For what a current new 2013 costs you would be better off with a total custom build. You might get lucky and get a "killer barrel " on a new unit but that is like playing the lottery. At the Olympic level, if you follow it , notice the top shooters are using after market barrels. It is a good action, it is not available other than in a barreled assembly. Depending on your definition of competitive, it would make a good starter, but kind like the old adage about boats or houses. " A boat is a hole in the water into which one pours money" or " a house is a hole in the ground into which one pours money".

I'm going to try like hell. Just picked a 2013 up in the classifieds. Getting it all ready. Hope to do some shooting up at Fairchance, PA :rolleyes:

G'Day Rob,
The 2013 is a great action, easy to load, strong as a horse and has a large footprint. That scares some people. Needs to be bedded usually.
The trigger is one of the best you will find and is easily adjusted to your own preferences.
That being said, any action must be mated to a match grade barrel; that usually, but not always, means aftermarket.
You will get many answers as to which is "the best", but all the leading barrel makers put out great barrels. Pick one from the major shoots equipment lists and go from there.
I've got both a Lilja and a Kreiger, and both shoot better than me, and swapping them out is a breeze.
Regards,
Don.H.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back