Angle Tree Stone May 4th Results

Hillman

Thanks to all who came out to brave the usual, switchy, wind blown range with gust up to 30 mph... The rain held out for us and made for a fun day. Nice to see Al and Dave shooting the sporters in a classic shootout for bragging rights. Thanks for the help with the scoring math Penny...and that pair of 249's in that wind.
Here are the results for the day.

Match 1
UL 1
Peter Wass 244 12X
Penny Hadfield 243 9x
Ray Hill 243 8X

UL2

Penny Hadfield 249 13X
Peter Wass 247 7X
Al Hadfield 244 10X

UL3

Penny Hadfield 249 17X
Al Hadfield 248 10X
Michael Gallant 246 13X

Agg

Penny Hadfield 741 39X
Al Hadfield 733 30X
Michael Gallant 729 30X

Match 2

UL1

Penny Hadfield 247 12X
Al Hadfield 247 9X
Michael Gallant 246 11X

UL2

Ray Hill 247 12X FM 17
Penny Hadfield 247 12X FM 4
Peter Wass 246 14X

UL3

Peter Wass 249 7X
Penny Hadfield 248 12X
Bob Hill 247 15X

Agg

Penny Hadfield 742 36X
Ray Hill 738 33X
Peter Wass 736 30X

I'm Looking forward to the next Match!

Bob

It was good to get-together with old friends on such a nice spring day. Conditions, to use Ray's saying, were somewhat "Sporty".

Dave, thanks for the ice cream cone!

Al

Angle Tree Rod and Gun Club

Yes Al, it was sporty for sure. Gusts to thirty. Just a typical day at Angle Tree. What some call a shooters day.
Thanks to all for coming, and looking forward to seeing ya'll next week at Easthampton.
Ray

Good to see you Ray and Everyone

Yes Al, it was sporty for sure. Gusts to thirty. Just a typical day at Angle Tree. What some call a shooters day.
Thanks to all for coming, and looking forward to seeing ya'll next week at Easthampton.
Ray

Even though you guys shoot on a "Squirely Range", I enjoy my visits all the same. See you all next time.

Pete

Last edited:
Bob and Ray,
thanks for running the match. Quite a challenging day! Congrats to Penny for showing us how it's done.

Michael

Squirley Range.

Yup Pete, it is kinda squirley at Angle Tree at times. You gotta be there when it really gets tough.
And yes Mike ,that gal Penny can shoot in a hurricane.

Bob & Ray,

Thanks again for hosting another great match. I had more fun than I was expecting, even though I was soundly beaten up on by my good friend Al, and was glad to pay for his ice cream.

And Congratualtions to Penny for her shooting as if there was no breeze while the rest of us were struggling. She is, and always has been a world-class shooter all the way.

Dave Shattuck

Gee, thanks guys!

I have always preferred shooting in calms, and even with those whacky winds, with half the flags red, half white, there were at least 25 VERY brief moments when I could tap that trigger and I tried to time it right! You all can continue to try to shoot the winds...I'm too old to change now! Penny

Bob & Ray,

And Congratualtions to Penny for her shooting as if there was no breeze while the rest of us were struggling. She is, and always has been a world-class shooter all the way.

Dave Shattuck

Dave,

I agree. She's so good I've seen her shoot a nine the hard way! Two tens on the same bull.;)

Ken

Don't remind me, Ken

I used to do that practically every match, didn't I! Either brushing the trigger or just not seeing the previous shot...sure glad I got out of that habit! It was costly! Penny

But Ken, isn't that the best way to shoot a nine? Hope all is well with you folks out in the Buffalo area, or at least within a hundred miles of it.

Dave

Back