And the RBA Sporter National Winner Was?

B

Bob Collins

Phil Deese won this morning shooting a 1469 with 70 X’s. It was a hot and grueling win and it was won by not shooting a “bad target”. Phil took home the RBA Sporter National ring and the stain glass first place prize made by Joe Besche. Wait till you see the pictures Rod will be posting later..
The GA State was won by Steve Lloyd who again did not shoot a bad target. There were two 250’s shot one by Leonard Worthy and Jerry McFall – Jerry won a bunch on Saturday.
We had a hot dry wind both days with the Saturday wind being official clocked at 26.2 miles per hour.
The top five were:
Phil Deese 1469 70X
Rod Collins 1468 75X
Doug Kenimer 1463 69X
DJ Hepler 1461 65X
James Messer 1459 61X
It was a great match with great barbeque from Thomas Harold on Saturday – he’s a legend in South Georgia for his barbeque and brunswick stew.
Bob Collins

Congrats...

Congrats to all! Great shooting and it sounds like a "great feed" afterwards!:)

Donna

Great shooting Phil. You won with a hard bunch too. Good shooting all.
Jim

ATTA BOY Phil...
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_7850 (68 of 75).jpg
    IMG_7850 (68 of 75).jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 525
Thanks everyone!!!

I think my white legs blinded them all!! It goes to show you that even an average shooter like me can win with good equipment and ammo.

If you want to see all the pain and misery the scores are in the Match Results on the RBA website.
The Sporter Nationals will come up under a National Event and Sporter Type.
The Georgia State is also there under a State match.
A lot of fun and I am tired!
Thanks to Rod and Bob for a great weekend of shooting. I just hope next time they keep the Nats in their cages and sacrifice a suitable virgin to the Wind Gods because they were not anyone’s friend this weekend!

Great pics, Rod!

"That guy" in post #6 in the "Amen Corner" would surely get a smile/laugh/chuckle out of anybody, even someone having a bad day!:)

I think a few gnats flew up his nose, in his ears, in his eyes and around other places. I am glad he was around so they left me alone. You know they like new meat...

Back