AMP machine

I know. I now own an AMP unit. They address all those questions I was asked but couldn't answer. Using a flame makes no sense at all when you become educated. Back then I wasn't. If you think about it like this the price isn't that high. Here is fifteen hundred bucks. Do all the testing a R & D and make one.

How much NEW brass will $1500 buy?

Not much

How much NEW brass will $1500 buy?

Last time I bought 220 russian cases for the 6PPC barrels I paid $257.oo for 100 cases. That's when they are available. Then there is the brass for the .17rem, .222rem, .243win and the .25/06 rem. Even if I get 25% more life out of the brass it won't take long to be in the black.
I am also looking at getting 3 more barrels this year. About a grand a piece with the smithing included. The cost of the AMP suddenly looks even smaller.

Last time I bought 220 russian cases for the 6PPC barrels I paid $257.oo for 100 cases. That's when they are available. Then there is the brass for the .17rem, .222rem, .243win and the .25/06 rem. Even if I get 25% more life out of the brass it won't take long to be in the black.
I am also looking at getting 3 more barrels this year. About a grand a piece with the smithing included. The cost of the AMP suddenly looks even smaller.

What is the price tag on one of those AMP machines? I went to their web page and must be blind = I couldn't find it.

Dan Honert

Look at Graf & Sons $1100.00 Plus Pilots $20.00 each
Under Buy or Purchase
US Distributor

Sorry Under Order
International Distributors

Last edited:
that is where the price increase came from..middle man profit.

Look at Graf & Sons $1100.00 Plus Pilots $20.00 each
Under Buy or Purchase
US Distributor

Sorry Under Order
International Distributors

that is where the price increase came from..middle man profit.
I must be missing something.

I thought that they were $999 USD when the manufacturer was the only place to get them, but you had to pay $100 in shipping to get it from NZ. The only real change I can find is that you no longer get a free pilot, but again I may be mistaken.

I almost purchased the AMP last summer, and had figured my cost around $1100.

I did purchase one from Grafs just a few days ago, $1128 total.

Were the prices even lower when they first came out? I feel like I am missing a set of numbers somewhere.

Last edited:
Are you sure?

I thought that they were $999 USD when the manufacturer was the only place to get them, but you had to pay $100 in shipping to get it from NZ. The only real change I can find is that you no longer get a free pilot, but again I may be mistaken.

I almost purchased the AMP last summer, and had figured my cost around $1100.

I did purchase one from Grafs just a few days ago, $1128 total.

Were the prices even lower when they first came out? I feel like I am missing a set of numbers somewhere.

Josh. I ordered mine direct last year, (6/7/16). They stated that I would receive the machine and 3 pilots for $995.00. I ordered 1 extra pilot $20.00, and shipping was 60 bucks. Total was $1075.00.

Josh. I ordered mine direct last year, (6/7/16). They stated that I would receive the machine and 3 pilots for $995.00. I ordered 1 extra pilot $20.00, and shipping was 60 bucks. Total was $1075.00.

That replicates my order exactly.

Got mine today $1180.00 for1 machine and 4 pilots free shipping
Graf & Sons

I have never annealed before . It was very simple looked like new Lapua
brass when finished. Did 50 in less than 10 mins. Hope it works as good as they looked

Last edited:
Running the AMP on an inverter

I emailed AMP yesterday and got a reply from Alex Findlay, President of AMP. "We have done some tests with an inverter, but we haven’t done the thousands of hours with that compared to annealing with mains power. I have checked with our electrical engineer, and he advises it will work fine as long as the inverter has enough power to run the machine, I.E. at least 1000W for the inverter". I might do this but with a great amount of trepidation. Wouldn't want to see $1100 go up in a puff of smoke.

Last edited:
Win an AMP at the Cactus

Just got an email from Alex Findlay at AMP, and he said that AMP and Graf's are sponsoring an AMP annealer as one of the prizes at the Cactus. Whoo Boy for somebody.

Back