American Craftmanship of Another Era

When i was younger had a cousin worked in a very small savings and loan out side of Scranton Pa. about 20 years ago a land developer moved in the area and deposited 10 Mil. for escrow with in five years became one of the largest S and F in the area, so money does talk

There is some nice stuff here in Pensacola too; Spanish presence in the area predates English settlements in the new world. Here is a statue of Spanish Conquistador Trisdan DeLuna who was the leader of a settlement here in 1560
Tom,

Each time I look at this I laugh out loud. Great photo by the way.

Not because anything in THIS photo is funny, but I just marvel at this from long ago and then think about a piece of "art" that was put in Market Square Williamsport PA some years back. It looks like some scrap parts that came from a local fab shop which some ya-hoo welded together into a great big mess, then left to rust... They call it "art", which I think is making a really big reach for the term. If anyone expects to see something like this anywhere, they'll have to be in the "old country"... somewhere...

Back