Amarican guns

I personally live for the commercials. Thank God they now have enough of them that I have to watch almost nothing entertaining.
If the commercials are aimed at the public of average intelligence, we are overall a very stupid lot.

Love the DVR, jump through those suckers like a maniac. Can't remember the last time I watched the average commercial, only if it's something I'm interested in do they get watched, and that's about once a decade.

Watched American Guns on Turkey day.

The ladies are easier on the eyes than the skanky,screeching,inbred B**** on Son's of Guns.

What else is Rich dealing in,flying around in a Jet Ranger helicopter to sell/deliver firearms??

I dont have a DVR but I have a mute button and a recall button. At least I dont have to listen to the dam things. I can run that remote like a typewriter.

I enjoyed Top Shot. There were some truly fine shooters on there. Yeahhh, the drama was silly but it's real. We should all learn from it ;)

I just watched Swamp People. Now me an all the kids want to go down to the Atchfalaya an' fish gators.

seriously, I'm checking on out of state tags...them things is bigger than Columbia River sturgeon.

Well, meaner anyways.

al

Television programming provides such a.............

delightful interlude to commercials.

American Guns, Yep, they're smugglin' grapefruits and cantalopes now, in ten years it'll be cantalopes and watermelons, and then eventually, corn on the cob will take over. As one guy said to me when we compared notes on the show, "Yeah, and his kids are a coupl'a real dullards."

Another favorite of mine, TATTOOS
Nothin' like a 60 year old woman with a tattoo of South America on her arm that says "Ronnie" or something, above it. At one time it had to be something legible, I think. Nobody puts maps on their body unless they're a pirate, and she didn't look like anyone Jimmy Buffett would have anything to do with, unless it was during a nightmare.

I kinda get a chuckle out of all the porkers that are getting 'tats' now. They have yards of 'canvas' on which to have some guy wreak havoc w/a needle. The real question is, what makes them think some colored ink is gonna make that blob boo'ful??

Went in the courthouse one day about five years ago. All kindsa women coming out of 'social services' and they all had money for ciggies and tats. I guess social services just filled in, so they could put their money on the 'important things' in life.
I asked one once, "Were you in the navy?" "No! Why?" "Well, I saw the cigs and tattoos, I thought you might have been a bos'un's mate."

What a squawker!

No sense of humor.

No appreciation for the bizarre.

Almost Forgot...

...American Hoggers and Lady Hoggers. Now that's what reality TV is all about!

About the only thing I find seriously entertaining anymore are the MMA matches. The top heavyweights are amazing--Brock Lessnar, Cain Velasquez, Junior Dos Santos, Shane Carwin--all incredible athletes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea I find American Guns to be as lame as it gets, but that seems to be true of almost all of these rerality shows. It does I am sure bring them a ton of money. The only one of those shows were I hope they all get some money is the Gator Hunters. Troy Landry never met a stranger in his life, he is just one of those guys you want to know. Liz is a hoot and I hope she comes back. But probably my favorite is Juniors son William, the snaggle tooth blond kid. Watching him hunt for those snakes and grapping them by hand with nothing but a pair of tube socks for protection is a hoot. I wish them all well and look forward to the next season.

Roland

Hey dont be so hard on my American guns show. How many places left in this country where you have a gun shop,Gunsmithing shop and engraveing shop alltogether.
How many places left that can do that? I know one gunsmith/stock maker that can do engraving..but very few can.. but he cant built you a gun from scratch.
Yea yea the episodes have been getting lamer as they go. but has been some interesting guns bought and sold..

Hey, Frank, I stopped being...............

hard on American Guns as soon as I said: TATTOOS.

Thereafter it was all about Porkettes w/tats, just another source of entertainment you may have overlooked, like Wal-Martians during the Christmas season....

The women on AG don't fit THAT description, even w/tats. ;)

Sorry if I upset you, it wasn't intentional, I assure you.

Have a good Christmas.

Brian

Back