Actions

Winning Action????

If you want to WIN, buy an action that's already WINNING :)

You can buy a winning Action.....Screw a losing barrel on it,or put a suspect scope on it,or put it in the hands of an average shooter and it ceases to be a winning Action. Had a couple before.

Glenn

Vern thats not necessarily true.
if you figure the cost of a remington even a used one and a new bolt a bit of receiver trueing etc its still less expensive then some of the others.
now maybe if your lucky yo can get a borden or one of the other brands Hunting style actions , That might also work
Most true benchrest actions are quite a bit more . Stiller had the edge for a while on priceing but thats changed,
I think the best bet is to buy a used rig and use it for a while and eventualy rebnuild it as you go. Easy does it into the game.

You can buy a winning Action.....Screw a losing barrel on it,or put a suspect scope on it,or put it in the hands of an average shooter and it ceases to be a winning Action. Had a couple before.

Glenn

Well, OK, not arguing per se, BUT....... A good gun can (will) make an absolute neophyte look good and there are two guys who come to my mind that can tune an ACTION to shoot.

I find it interesting that the OP hasn't come back to this conversation at all. I'm thinkin he's just an antagonist /bomb thrower! Interesting unless he is not interested at all in BR and just yanked our chain.

"Winning Action"

Well, OK, not arguing per se, BUT....... A good gun can (will) make an absolute neophyte look good and there are two guys who come to my mind that can tune an ACTION to shoot.

You are welcome to disagree with my experience. I don't consider it arguing.

On rare occasions, we've seen neophyte's shine at registered BR Competition. In most instances,that success can be attributed to a damn good barrel and some luck. Never heard anybody say it was because of a "Winning Action". I've had many barrels chambered for my favorite Benchrest Action. A few of those barrels made me think I could shoot with the best. The others convinced me that I would retire from this Sport a neophyte.

"How to tune a Benchrest Action" may be a good topic to discuss.

Glenn

Last edited:
Back