Action Search

O

OldPPC

I've never had a rifle specially built, but I'm getting caught up in that vortex that traps a lot of us who get a lot of enjoyment just curling up behind a quality scope mounted on a quality rifle and punching interconnected holes in paper. My goal is to build it on the single shot Remington XR100 action but purchasing a perfectly good rifle at $800 plus and cannibalizing it for the action doesn't appeal to my business sense (which often gets in the way of my shooting sport sense) at the moment. Anybody got any ideas on how and where I might find an action independent of the entire rifle?:confused:

Custom Actions

Let someone here recommend a custom action that meets your needs.

Buy once and cry once for the same price as buying a rifle for parts then needing extra work just to get it true.

My goal is to build it on the single shot Remington XR100 action... Anybody got any ideas on how and where I might find an action independent of the entire rifle?:confused:

Yes. Peruse the for sale ads on all of the various shooting forums, and better yet, post a "Want To Buy" ad on those forums for the item you seek.

Good luck with your project! :)

Yup, although it seems expensive at the start, a custom action won't need a pile of machine work to make it right, and will be worth a lot more if/when you decide to sell or trade. No matter how much is done to a mass production action, or how well it shoots, it will be looked at as a Remington or whatever other mass production action.

action

My advice to you is to look at Bob Whites website. You can buy action, complete rifles, both benchrest and varmit. I have done buisness with him a few times and find him trustworthy. You will find him under catagories on this website. The Shooters Corner. Intersting to look at all he has for sale if nothing else

Thanks to all. I knew I had come to the right place to post my question. I will seriously look into each of these great suggestions.

"oldtime" & German are both giving good advice, but as stated previously, you'll get more bang for your buck by patiently keeping an eye on the ads in BRC & 6mmBR.com. You gotta know what you're looking for & be ready to go for it, though, 'cause the good ones don't last long in the ads.

Some Actions

Viper, Stiller, Time, Kelblys, Bat, Farley, Borden, Hart, McMillian etc.............................

There are lots of Remington clones avaible that are benchrest ready; plus some that are further enhanced.

Last edited:
Old PPC

These guys have inparted some good advice. I started tinkering around with accuracy shooting and had guns built on factory actions, Remmy, Winnie and Mauser and all shot good with proper load developemnt, BUT I was never compeletely happy with the groups and I can just about promise you that you will not be happy either with a factory action. I finally bought a Panda action, Hart barrel, Jewel trigger, McMillan stock smithed by a leading BR gunsmith for a little more than it would cost to build on a factory action. I whish I had done that to start with. You, then can curl up behind the bench and really enjoy shooting. I have bought two guns from BR Central classifieds at very good prices. Be patient and look at the classifieds every day and before long one will show up in the $1500.00 range, then pounce on it.
Shooters Corner has just about anything you could want and Bob is a great guy to deal with...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back