ackley rifle value

W

wamjr

does anyone know the value of a p o Ackley rifle? I have only seen a pic. of this rifle it is a 22 inch barrel mauser
auction left hand. looks like a sporter. It has p 0 Ackley stamped on the receiver. metal but plate and metal on bottom
of pistol grip. Can anyone help me with the value.

thanks wamjr

likely going to need more information as to type of mauser action& cal.( saying goes picture worth a thousand words ) as that is a pretty general statement. awful lot of converted military units from that time period. Then there are the Santa Barbara actions, Spanish, Venz. Brazil. ect. Some might put a lot of stock in the gunsmith name- which is fine- but this old boy puts a lot more stock in whats in my hands.

I worked on a PO Ackley rifle once and let me tell you it was nothing special. I have a friend who worked on quite a few and he was never impressed either. It was very average 1950's type rifles and work you can by at any gun show for $300-$500. What his name adds to it is up to you.

I worked on a PO Ackley rifle once and let me tell you it was nothing special. I have a friend who worked on quite a few and he was never impressed either. It was very average 1950's type rifles and work you can by at any gun show for $300-$500. What his name adds to it is up to you.
too. swd, did these Ackley rifles have paul jaeger barrels? thanks wam

too: swd
could I get in touch with your friend who has worked on Ackley rifles? I would like to ask him some questions about Ackley rifles. wam

Back