ABRA Bounty

MrsShootinthing

ABRA, is offering a $200.00 bounty for anyone that can shoot the first ever perfect 200 target at an ABRA Sanctioned Club Match or Tournament.

Lisa

Last edited:
Target

my ABRA target 9 ring outside to outside is point .440 the inside of the 9 ring is .327 and our 10 ring is 1/8 where does it rank ? I gave out the wrong numbers in last post. I pulled out calipers and that is the measurement I came up with, I guess that is what they ended up to be after copying.
Joe

Last edited:
Abra

The 9 ring is .450 outside to outside and the 10 ring is 1/8" dot we have a few guns that are shooting 194 to 196 out of 200 score card . and we are to the friendly on our scoring.
Joe

Joe could you put up a ABRA target that has been shot with a high score ? would love to get a reference against the ARA target...

BTW $ for the Arnold Back Rest is on its way Friday AM, thanks

Also I have two builds going ...a Feddersen 18" custom taper and a Shilen 18" .920....I will be trying for that 10-22 ARA 2500 $2000+ Prize money...

Chuck

Jerry good to hear from you, sounds like the ABRA target is really tough...

Because it is best edge and the 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9 ring are larger, it is an easier target. Because you have to shoot with a simi-auto, it is harder to shoot a perfect score. It is amazing how close the better scores are to each other.

There are only twenty bulls on a card and you have only 15 minutes per card. A competitor can often use one box for two targets. Because of the larger lower rings, I find, a person can score cards quicker.

A good shooter with a good rifle and good conditions, will have mostly, 10s and 9s with very few 8s.

I think that Joe Chacon has hit on something good for the sport of benchrest shooting. We are at the beginning and we should see advancements in equiptmemt over time.

Concho Bill

10-22 Improvements ...???

Because it is best edge and the 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9 ring are larger, it is an easier target. Because you have to shoot with a simi-auto, it is harder to shoot a perfect score. It is amazing how close the better scores are to each other.

There are only twenty bulls on a card and you have only 15 minutes per card. A competitor can often use one box for two targets. Because of the larger lower rings, I find, a person can score cards quicker.

A good shooter with a good rifle and good conditions, will have mostly, 10s and 9s with very few 8s.

I think that Joe Chacon has hit on something good for the sport of benchrest shooting. We are at the beginning and we should see advancements in equiptmemt over time.

Concho Bill

Bill there are already many many aftermarket Improvements for the Ruger 10-22... has been for years...
KIDD, Force, Clark, JWH, Etc...also for Stocks, Barrels, Triggers, Etc...

No matter what anyone does to Trick Out their gun there remains the inherent issue of a moving bolt and its potential for inconsistency across 25 bullseyes...and there it is.

I don't see a 2500 ARA with a 10-22 but I am going to give it a try anyway...

Joe could you put up a ABRA target that has been shot with a high score ? would love to get a reference against the ARA target...

BTW $ for the Arnold Back Rest is on its way Friday AM, thanks

Also I have two builds going ...a Feddersen 18" custom taper and a Shilen 18" .920....I will be trying for that 10-22 ARA 2500 $2000+ Prize money...

Chuck

Chuck I was wrong on measurement sorry I put up the correct numbers .
Joe

Back