? about vintage BR

michaelb

compliant member
I was looking through some old text and it appears that many of the rifles were laminated wood stocks, barrel blocked, sleeved and generally very heavy in appearance. How did they make LV weight? Was there even an LV class back in the 60's and 70's.

Mike

Vintage Benchrest

If you want to know about Vintage Benchrest, you should give Brady Knight a call. Brady is real ...vintage.

...Dave

10 1/2 pound guns generally had much lighter barrels. Last year I picked up a very early Shilen DGA in a .222 LV that had virtually no rounds through it. Always wanted a nice piece of BR history.

Mike

Go back to the home page and click on the NBRSA Logo on the right. Go to the Minutes of the BOD Meetings.

It seems that as early as 1960, LV was designated as a 10.5 pound class.

It did, however, in the early years, differ from HV in other ways.

I have read just about that whole section. You soon learn that there is really not much new under the Sun. "Change this, change that, Sporter is redundant, etc, :rolleyes:..........jackie

If you want to know about Vintage Benchrest, you should give Brady Knight a call. Brady is real ...vintage.

...Dave

Brady is vintage...but more like week old 'shine than 12 year old scotch! :D

I still have 3 single shot FN Mausers from the 60's, a .222, .308,and a bare action. Back then, lighter barrels, hollowed out butt stock, fore arms drilled out. Remington scopes, but they were not all that light.

Back