Abbreviated Forum??

V

vicvanb

I must have missed something in the past few months--How come this forum has so few threads?

As an observation -- not criticism -- what use to happen was people with factory & rebarreled factory rifles use to come onto the benchrest forum & ask questions. From time to time, someone would get mad and say "this is a benchrest fourm." Then the other would get mad.

So came the notion: let there be a new forum for factory/modified rifles. Their own spot, where things can be discussed in a benchrest milieu. A win-win.

You say there isn't much activity now? Reminds me of "Factory Class."

Factory guns are purpose built for hunting, in the field, with hunting catridges, and they just couldn't be more opposite than purpose built BR guns(which are none of these things).
So while 'Factory' class is mandated as an 'expected cheap & disabled' class, it's not benefiting to anyone serious about factory/hunting gun/hunting cartridge accuracy.

Also, there is by far more knowledge here related to benchrest guns & BR shooting, with BR cartridges, than to hunting guns accurate in the field.
I'm pretty sure this is why factory & benchrest will remain oil & water.

Back