A Very Fitting Tribute to Lowell Hottenstein's Passing...

BR Friends,

Thanks to the many BR shooter's travel near and far to attend Lowell Hottenstein's funeral services this past Saturday at the United Methodist Church in Petersburg, MI.

I know it was very comforting to Barb, daughters Jennifer and Becky, and son, Ken to have so many familiar faces near by her on Saturday. I know Barb and family appreciated everyone's journeys to pay their final respects to Lowell. It made me very proud of who we are as fellow BR shooter's to spend time with the Hottenstein family in sharing many, many stories about Lowell's long very distinguished BR career!

To that end, as a very fitting and poignant tribute to Lowell, please see the attached pictures of the creative Urn the Hottenstein's used to keep Lowell's reverent final ashes near their hearts...

Thanks to all for your many prayers and condolences for Lowell, Barb and family. Please keep them coming!

Jack Neary

NBRSA Eastern Region, Director

Attachments

• Lowell Hottenstein Urn Front View.jpg
    Lowell Hottenstein Urn Front View.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 596
  • Lowell Hottenstein Urn Top View.jpg
    Lowell Hottenstein Urn Top View.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 700
  • Lowell Hottenstein Funeral Pic.jpg
    Lowell Hottenstein Funeral Pic.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 415
Last edited:
Joe and Jack both gave a great speach. It took a while for Joe to get through all Lowell's achievements, there were quite a few! The stories put a smile on many faces as well as a few tears. The pastor struggled a little coming up with a text in which he could include bullets but pulled it off with the arrows flying true.
Hopefully the travellors from out East made it back home safely.
I hope Ken continues his Dads bullet making tradition, I would be interested in buying some!
May the Lord be with the family as they learn to deal with their lives without Lowell

John VM

Back