A Personal and a Business Decision

Hi Thumper....I am in luck. I just happen to have a Falcon with the 6:00 ignition, and will be coming up Sat for a day of warm up's for the Crawfish. See ya Sat. DJB

I have heard there has never been a 250 sporter score shot yet at gateway ?

Jim

The late Mr. Bill Myers shot the first 250 sporter score there in 2007. I remember that well. I missed my last two shots in a hard 10 oclock wind by a hair, and had a 248 that was good for second. I ran out of time. Bill was very happy to shoot the first 250 sporter score on that range. He was very excited. As things turned out, I'm glad that he won that card.

Last edited:
Kent
You are correct, I had let that slip my mind. Keith Loven also shot one in 2009, I believe. Gateway is a very tough place to shoot a 250, let alone shooting one with one of these little Sporters.

Last edited:
Steve,
Congratulations on your 250 sporter score at JAX. That's excellent, and my post wasn't meant to take anything away from you others who shot 250's. I just saw the post and it made me think of the time when Mr. Bill shot his. Shooting a 250 with anything there is tough!
I like the range a lot, lots of breezes.
I was trying hard myself, and just ran out of time. I spent a lot of time rearranging my darned rest on the slick bench top. As luck would ahve it, I was on a bench that had the top painted with gray enamel and my old Fudd rest kept sliding around because the feet/legs were dulled and rounded. I spent about 10 minutes of my 30 minute time limit rearranging the rest.
I had to shot my last 2 shots in a hard 10 oclock wind, aiming 10 oclock in the black. Missed 'em both by just a smidge. Funny how you remember the tough stuff!
Bill shot his target in less than 15 minutes and was watching me shoot mine. I could tell he was relieved when I dropped a shot, because I had him on X's:0 He came over and said "Good shooting, you ran out of time didn't you?" I asked him how he did, and he nonchalently said he shot a 250. I patted him on the back and told him that that was the first one from what I'd been told.
Bill loved sporters, built some great ones, and he shot them very well.

Why not just solve the problem with 4 firing pins?
Not me. If I start shooting again I want 5 of 'em. 4 around the edge and 1 in the middle. Why take chances? Know what I mean Vern.

Back