A long range action- Don't read it

P

PPP MMM

A long range precision rifle single action of appropriate size to match the cartridges that are commonly used for this job (.30-378W, .338-378W, .338 Lapua, .338AI Lapua,.338 Allen, .375 Allen etc.)

Shoot well
Peter

Last edited by a moderator:
If you don't want opinions/comments why spend an hour typing all that lot out !!

Here's my comment:

Peter, you are a clown of the highest order !

Action

So why not take all the extra time you spend typing and build one?
From all your posts it sounds as if you have the knowledge and maybe the skills.

I was ready to comment on lug height, firing pin travel, depth of bolt carburization, cone angle, extractor design and a few other things and then I saw that comments were not wanted. But I enjoyed reading about the design concepts even if it would be cost prohibitive in today's market when compared to Lawtons, Surgeons, BATs and a number of other popular actions. US gunsmiths usually avoid receivers with Metric threads anyhow.

I might be the only one------

to make you happy.

I didn't read it.

A. Weldy

oh yeah, I almost forgot

care_room.jpg

Good point lucky, just so Peter doesn't get to excited, I didn't read it either, I just saw who it was from and new it "was a crap" !!

Hey Peter, you know how start up an .........

2ijdy1.jpg

Bryce

Good point lucky, just so Peter doesn't get to excited, I didn't read it either, I just saw who it was from and new it "was a crap" !!

Hey Peter, you know how start up an .........

2ijdy1.jpg

Bryce

Bryce,

I know I'm going to Hell just for having seen this...

Justin

Only if you laugh at it for more than 5 seconds Justin !!! :D

It is in slightly poor taste but fits the context of the moronic post that started this thread !!

PPP,

You really should try the "Blog" thing out. The whole thing is invented by people like you, who likes to make statements, but don´t like other peoples ideas.

Stavax is a far superior steel using the inverted double melt process and chemical nitriding is better hardening option as distortion is minimal. I already use 32 x1.5 threads and most importantly you don't list a roller bearing on the cocking piece and extraction cam. These are a must have on a large magnum.

If i didn't know any better most all of these ideas were taken from one of my actions recently posted on 6 br.com. I nicknamed it Remroid, a Remington on steroids but you won't find that in a search. Nothing you post is original. All been done by many of the good smiths worldwide.

The attachment is of one of my earlier trials using the reduced bolthead style. Just a one off giant Hall B, 60 mm in diameter with a drop port.

From one smartass to another.

Attachments

• DSCF0277a.jpg
    DSCF0277a.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 332
My Grandad said that since we won that war "we got to chose". Therefore I won't even read in metrics.

Stavax is a far superior steel using the inverted double melt process and chemical nitriding is better hardening option as distortion is minimal. I already use 32 x1.5 threads and most importantly you don't list a roller bearing on the cocking piece and extraction cam. These are a must have on a large magnum.

If i didn't know any better most all of these ideas were taken from one of my actions recently posted on 6 br.com. I nicknamed it Remroid, a Remington on steroids but you won't find that in a search. Nothing you post is original. All been done by many of the good smiths worldwide.

The attachment is of one of my earlier trials using the reduced bolthead style. Just a one off giant Hall B, 60 mm in diameter with a drop port.

From one smartass to another.
Tony
Any chance of getting some more information and pictures of your action.
I searched tonyz at 6br didn't find anything on the action but came up with a lot of other intersting information from threads you had posted on. Including some tensioned barrel stuff.;)

James

Back