A Downward Sprial

BR has gone the way of NASCAR.

So many rules no way to cheat!

Therefore no one is thinking outside the box and no new ideas.

Guys that want accurate deer rifles are often chased off and they are the ones who need the help. They could be the next BR shooter. I've been chased off trying to help these guys and even called names like "hillbilly" and "son".

Best wishes

I picked up a couple of old magazines off my brother yesterday. This one was Guns&Ammo Aug. 1961.
Here are a couple reads from the article called This benchrest game.
Hope for the future-Benchrest shooting seems to be dying as a form of competitive rifle-shooting sport. (skipping down)
But benchrest shooting need not die.It should not die and it must not die because the experimental rifleman is not finished with his self-appointed task to improve arms and ammunition.
Skipping down-These facts in themselves will not salvage the sport. Salvation can come in a return to the unselfish attitudes of the early years, in separation of the "purists" from open
competition with ordinary shooters.
More skipping- The biggest job benchrest faces in surging back into prominence is to interest new shooters... and to keep them interested. Eventually a certain number of these
new shooters will progress into the ranks of the purist while many of them will be content just to keep on having fun at matches.
53 years ago and the talk hasn't changed that much. I enjoyed it.
There was much more to the article , written by Bob Wallack.

Back