A consistent winner this year ... Bix'n Andy

Chris Harris

Well well well ... after this weekend's shoot at the Raton, New Mexico we can now say that every major qualifying match (World Benchrest Champs 2015) so far this year has been won with Bix'n Andy triggers. That is a pretty mean feat considering that these triggers have only been in the US for less than two seasons and have come into the market dominated by the Jewell.

Andy Shifflett started the year by winning the Cactus in march, Tony Boyer won the HogRoast and East West and Gene Bukys just walked away with a teen agg 2-Gun in New Mexico. So now we are headed to the Nationals at Holton Michigan where the results of the Heavy Varmint and Light Varmint will determine the top 12 shooters for the World Champs at St Louis next year.

I really believe that this trigger is changing the game for many shooters. Ignition has proved to be an increasingly important issue over recent years as we strive for more accuracy. And the firing pin and the trigger are two huge issues requiring lots of attention. It is crucial to have your trigger properly set and well timed. I never forget shooting the East West 2 years back while trying to make the team for Australia. I had a Bix'n Andy in the rifle I was so convinced that the trigger was perfect. I kept shooting VERY poorly. On Sunday I finally discovered that I had overlooked my trigger timing and was getting too little pin fall. When I fixed that the gun came alive but it was too late by then. The more I talk to the guys that know, the more I think that firing pins and triggers are a HUGE part of an accurate rifle. Anyhow, for now BnA is doing great and it is nice to see the results! Thanks to Andy, Tony and Gene for putting BnA in the winner circle and to Andy Atzl in Austria for bringing us such a cool invention.

BNA Andy Shifflett.jpgBNA Gene Bukys (1).jpgBNA Tony Boyer.jpg

but at $400 a piece the customer base is limited in my opinion.
it is out of my league.

How much do you wanna pay to win? Yes many still win with Jewell triggers but a new player has stepped up and at a cost. It also appears that they are proving themselves in this highly competitive sport.

but at $400 a piece the customer base is limited in my opinion.
it is out of my league.

I thought the same when I first learned the price. Quite simply, I think we have got so used to spending $200 on a trigger that $400 seems expensive. But we have quickly got accustomed to $2500 scopes, $1000 rests, and so on.

To spend $400 or $500 on a trigger is a very small price to pay when I think of it's benefit and the high cost of all the other components of this sport. Gas, hotel rooms, barrels, powder, bullets all put the cost of a $400 trigger to shame. But that is just my opinion and I think it is heavily swayed by my own experience of the trigger. I am sure you will find plenty other shooters who have shelled out the dollars that will agree it is worth every cent.

Bix'n Andy

I just received my new trigger from Chris a couple of days ago. I have been skeptical that the Bix'n Andy could be that much better than my Jewell, well I installed it in my gun and have to say that it's extremely crisp and can be adjusted lighter than I like a trigger to be. My gun is more consistent in sound while dry firing than it was with the Jewell, If it makes the rifle shoot better it was money well spent (how many dollars have I spent trying to make a gun shoot???) A BIG Thank You goes to Chris for donating one of the triggers for the U.B.R. Nationals this year, Someone is going to go home with a really nice trigger!!!!!!

i have no doubt that it is an excellent trigger( or some of those names would not be shooting it), but like the $2500 scopes and the $1000 rests, it is the minority, not the majority.
when you sell enough to bring the price down to $200 i'm in.
good luck.

Looking at the equipment lists I am not so certain that expensive items are in the minority anymore. But I imagine that is also the top 25% of people winning.

I wish I could but I can assure you that even if we sold 20,000 a year the price would never drop below current levels. Hard to imagine but we are bringing this to the market at the lowest price possible. In fact, I would expect that we would need to move the prices up a little in time to allow gunsmiths and dealers to make a little more money out of it too.

I have 2 and it is pure pleasure dealing with chris. If you really want the best service on everything they sell give Rachael a call. Good prices on jewells too if you want one. Thanks for all you do Chris- you da man.

Wouldn't own any other trigger Chris!

Great triggers Chris. I bought 4 from Dwight Scott and I am getting a 5th for a used rifle that I just purchased. Wouldn't own anything but. Replied to a post at least 6 month's ago about the triggers that u import. Comparing a Jewell to a B&A is like comparing a Yugo to a Rolls Royce. I'd rather stop shooting if I had to go back to shooting a Jewell, and that's the truth.

Last edited:
Not only can you set them lighter than a Jewell they don't slam fire. I have mine set far lighter than any Jewell I have had and I cant make it slam fire, even with the barreled action out of the stock slamming the bolt. These triggers are awesome. If a Jewell is worth $200 a Bix is worth $1000.

"These triggers are awesome. If a Jewell is worth $200 a Bix is worth $1000."

Sure glad I got my 4 Bix n Andy triggers for my rim fire rifles Three in rifles and one for a spare that has not yet been needed.

These triggers are worth every cent I spent on them. I'll never look back. bob

What I would like to know

Do you just knock the pins out olding your Jewell in the hanger, remove it, slide the B&A in, put pins back in, and it is ready to roll?

Then adjust as required.

or is there any magic needed to fit them in?

See I HATE having to pay someone every time I want to change a part.

Calvin

Calvin: I can offer an anecdotal response. On my 4 triggers I have not adjusted ANYTHING but the wop on one which came at about 2.3 ounces and I like mine right at 1.9 to 2.0. A few seconds with the provided wrench and it was right where I wanted it. I mounted them in the hangers and installed on the rifles. My first one is now almost 3 years old, newest is only a few months old. bob

youll need a special hanger to install them in a bat hanger but not straight into a remington. thats my only experience so far.

Now I'm nobody special and I know d**k about triggers, but I know what I like. Ever since Steve at Benchrite got his B&A, he's been bragging on it, telling me just how great it was and that I should think about getting one. I hmm haw'd at him about the expense and how the triggers in my guns are awful good... and then I got to tinkering with those other triggers and remembering how they seem to have a lot more creep in them then they ought to and how they're a pain in the a** (for me) to adjust. Then I started thinking about the money I just plunked down for some bullets for my long range gun, and the other moneys that go into shooting and my buddy's trigger that just crapped out on him at Holton last month. I came to the conclusion that I might as well just get the trigger and stop thinking about it.

I picked up my B&A at Steve's this morning and not fifteen minutes ago I yanked the old trigger out of my 3L and slipped the B&A right in (right now I have my Bat Trigger Hanger with the "10" at the rear). The first thing I noticed about the trigger is that there is zero creep, this is the thing I like the best about it so far. As I received, the trigger wasn't too light by benchrest standards, if I had to guess I'd say a bit over 2oz, so I followed the instructions and lightened it up a bit. Now it's lighter than the trigger it replaced and most importantly no creep. I did the old standard slam fire test a couple dozen times and it didn't budge. I'll find out Friday when I go to the range if it's the best trigger I've ever used.

If things go well I might have to have one for my Panda and my (older than I am) Hall. I looked on Chris's website and saw that he offers a modified trigger hanger for some Bat models and the 3Lug isn't listed among them so that might explain why the B&A went right into my hanger and action. I'm sure it's around this forum somewhere, but I wonder what kind of mods to the hangers are required to fit one of these triggers to a Hall and a Panda.

Pat
-PMA Tool

Now I'm nobody special and I know d**k about triggers, but I know what I like. Ever since Steve at Benchrite got his B&A, he's been bragging on it, telling me just how great it was and that I should think about getting one. I hmm haw'd at him about the expense and how the triggers in my guns are awful good... and then I got to tinkering with those other triggers and remembering how they seem to have a lot more creep in them then they ought to and how they're a pain in the a** (for me) to adjust. Then I started thinking about the money I just plunked down for some bullets for my long range gun, and the other moneys that go into shooting and my buddy's trigger that just crapped out on him at Holton last month. I came to the conclusion that I might as well just get the trigger and stop thinking about it.

I picked up my B&A at Steve's this morning and not fifteen minutes ago I yanked the old trigger out of my 3L and slipped the B&A right in (right now I have my Bat Trigger Hanger with the "10" at the rear). The first thing I noticed about the trigger is that there is zero creep, this is the thing I like the best about it so far. As I received, the trigger wasn't too light by benchrest standards, if I had to guess I'd say a bit over 2oz, so I followed the instructions and lightened it up a bit. Now it's lighter than the trigger it replaced and most importantly no creep. I did the old standard slam fire test a couple dozen times and it didn't budge. I'll find out Friday when I go to the range if it's the best trigger I've ever used.

If things go well I might have to have one for my Panda and my (older than I am) Hall. I looked on Chris's website and saw that he offers a modified trigger hanger for some Bat models and the 3Lug isn't listed among them so that might explain why the B&A went right into my hanger and action. I'm sure it's around this forum somewhere, but I wonder what kind of mods to the hangers are required to fit one of these triggers to a Hall and a Panda.

Pat
-PMA Tool
Pat. I bought one for my Panda and it just went right in with no mods.

Back