6ppc fireform

powers

Seely Masker used load of bullseye and bullet lube plug to firform 220 russian before neck turning was publshed in ps magazine anyone know?

Fire forming cases 3 procedures at Accurate Shooter

Go to www.accurateshooter.com, Look for the cartridge vertical listing on left side, Pick 6PPC.
Go down 6-8" on site and see Fire forming cases the 3 best ways to proceed.
Centerfire

Just send / have your brass shipped to DJ's Brass Service. He does a great job. And you save on components....
Just load them and shoot them. No fire forming....

I believe that the only way to get truly good brass is to fireform in on a tigh crush-fit in your own chamber.

If Jackie doesn't get back to you and if you're interested in another take.....I've a 2.5-3hr video series in which I "recreate" or attempt to follow Jackie's lead and succeed greatly in making absolutely spectacular cases.

I believe Jackie's method to be far superior to all others with hydro-formed cases like DJ's being second best of maybe 6-8 methods. Jackie's method solves ALL the problems, neatly.

I believe that the only way to get truly good brass is to fireform in on a tigh crush-fit in your own chamber.

If Jackie doesn't get back to you and if you're interested in another take.....I've a 2.5-3hr video series in which I "recreate" or attempt to follow Jackie's lead and succeed greatly in making absolutely spectacular cases.

I believe Jackie's method to be far superior to all others with hydro-formed cases like DJ's being second best of maybe 6-8 methods. Jackie's method solves ALL the problems, neatly.

I now vaguely remember Jackie did a thread with pics about how he does brass... It was pretty good. Even I could follow it. But, I didn't have access to a lathe. I used a Bridgeport mill. And Sinclair tool. It was square. Worked great....

30BR cases done with pistol powder, a hard tamping of tissue paper and a PlayDoh plug.

QKYM3Bml.jpg

cf6Z6sYl.jpg

Case necks come out nice and straight. Ready to have the inside necks touched up and neck turned.

mmwN8KIl.jpg

Good shootin' -Al

nice tamping tool there BiGal.... Although I'm bright enough to know that the caliper doubles for a nice lightweight locking spanner, I'd never thought of packing cases with a mic.

Well played :p

Pistol powder?

When I first started I used BullsEye, until Billy chewed my ars out. If you make a mistake you will probably blow your gun up and loose an eye or worse. Just fire form with rifle powders and 6mm bullets.

I do put a dry mop in the chamber between each firing....keeps any little flakes of unburnt powder out of the chamber. Winchester 231 works good for me when blowing out the 6BR cases to 30BR. A non flake type powder might be better....I have a lot of 231 for 38 Spl and 357's so that got the nod.

Good shootin' -Al

Back