62gr FB .750

Lee sent me a few of the 62 grain bullets that he started this thread to ask about. Perhaps a better picture would help. There is a flattened band at the back that almost like the bullet was put through a second die after pointing, but that is just a wild guess from a non bullet maker.
DSCF0241_zps3f453bcf.jpg

Nope j4 jacket with thin spot in front of corner of base. Boyd I assume your going to let us know the ogive. Also the corner rad. is NOT all that sharp...I am done wasting my time here ....

Last edited:
Getting 750 jackets might be a problem but Bart will have Ed Watsons dies. I've shot Ed's 65S as he marked them on the box. They appear (George) to be about a 7-7.5 ogive. They seem to shoot best now in a 14.3 Bartlein barrel I have. Back when I was shooting them I used them in a 15-15.5?, 3-groove Hart.

Jerry, Said it before Rorschac did not make a 7 ogive only an 8.5 I have Watsons, fowlers,rubright on a rorschac and about any other one all 8.5 this really shouldn't be this difficult if you feel the need to check just make a rad. gage. you do not need a comparator just a compass and some card board 8.5 x's .243 swing arc and cut lay next to bullet, make two a 7 and an 8.5 then get back with me..

Jerry, Said it before Rorschac did not make a 7 ogive only an 8.5 I have Watsons, fowlers,rubright on a rorschac and about any other one all 8.5 this really shouldn't be this difficult if you feel the need to check just make a rad. gage. you do not need a comparator just a compass and some card board 8.5 x's .243 swing arc and cut lay next to bullet, make two a 7 and an 8.5 then get back with me..

I'm still looking for a 6-6.5 die. I know where there is a bucket of older 750's.

Have you heard any more about the Australian die?

been trying to chase guy down he has moved and email is not any good now. Don't give up I know a lot of people that should be able to find him. If you just need a 6 got some here already,

will do it George. I appreciate that. In the mean time ill try and post a pic. after looking at the bullet again, im going to guess that this is a 7 or 8 ogive, but hell I don't really know. thanks again, Lee

PART_1414709191176_20140827_163217

dam computer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! those numbers are supposed to be a picture. Ill keep trying

PART_1414709191176_20140827_163217 - Copy.jpg

Is there a band around the base of the bullet approximately 0.050 inches wide?

Ronnie
yes there is. tell me what you know sir. can you make these bullets if I can get you some jackets? lee

Ronnie
yes there is. tell me what you know sir. can you make these bullets if I can get you some jackets? lee

Lee, I don't think it matters who made the bullets or on what dies. Before I changed my core washing technique, there were times that I did not get all the oil off the cores and the cores would slip inside the jackets when I pointed up. This would cause the base to have a ring around it about 0.050 inches wide and the base of the bullet would be very sharp. After I changed my core washing technique, the pointing up has been flawless - no ring and no sharpness to the base.

Did the bullets with slipped cores shoot OK? The reason for this thread was to locate the source of a bullet that Lee has found to shoot very well. Is it possible that what you consider(ed) to be a defect, could be functionally advantageous?

Did the bullets with slipped cores shoot OK? The reason for this thread was to locate the source of a bullet that Lee has found to shoot very well. Is it possible that what you consider(ed) to be a defect, could be functionally advantageous?

Boyd, I do not know how they shot since I was unable to sell them because of the way they looked, and I never shot them.

Boyd, another thing that I observed, and probably the most important, was that of 100 bullets maybe 37 would slip and 63 wouldn't. I did not want to take the time to sort them.

In Lee's first post he mentioned who and what with respect to the making of the bullets, and the thread migrated to what dies and what bullet maker could possibly make these. My first post addressed what may have caused Lee's bullets to look the way they do. Naming die makers and bullet makers is not going to find someone to make these. Anyone can make these bullets if he uses oily cores.

thanks Ronnie I appreciate the info. I would hate to think all these bullets have slipped cores, but who knows!! They sure shoot good, and they all look identical. I hade one fella tell me that a steel bullets die can also leave a ring at the base. Any truth in that? Lee

Doesn't matter what die you're using. Some jackets do this and some don't. Best bullets I ever made looked rather sloppy. Never mind about how they look...do they shoot well? Does anything else matter?

Precision Ballistics

Scanned thread quickly didnt see anyone mention precision ballistics. He makes 62 gr FB and BT in either 6/9 or 8 ogive. Don Moore makes a 63gr he calls the 63 SS. I have some and they are good.

I had to check...bought 500 62 gr bullets off the 6mm br marketplace . shot them in my 6x45 and they one holed from the get go. Would occ shoot in the zeros. Made by Brady knight on .750 jackets...it's on the box. Now I understand why, and now I'll shoot them sparingly.

Back