6 MM 115gr Bullets Accuracy

Jeff,
if you are not in a huge hurry (we're all in a hurry), look at the 6mmSuper LR at 6mmar.com . Developed by Robert Whitley who has some interesting comments. oooorrr Contact Joe Hendricks at 6cm@comcast.net and ask him for his PDF on the 6Competition Match (very very interesting). Joe does not let out the reamer print and you must use his recommended gunsmith ( I think David Bruno in PA). I've got searches done with lots of data. Lots of pros, hardly any cons. The thing is either one of these cartridges give you a little cushion. Someone said his stayed supersonic out to 1600yds. Can't imagine it myself but that is cushion. Another plus is the reported 3 to 4 thousand round accuracy life, if you follow the program. I would not get talked into an 8 twist barrel for 115s. 8 may, 7.5 will

John

Hi All , What sort of group sizes can you get at 1K bench matchs using this 115 ,regardless of the case size ??..JR..Jeff Rogers

aJR
Jeff I had one box of the DTAC 115 bullets that shot lights out at 1000 yards.To me that is under 3.5 inches in good conditions on the westcoast for 5 shots.I have tried them a couple times since then and they didn't do as well so they were dropped.
I tried the 115 Bergers back before the new thicker jackets came out and only 1 out of over 40 shots hit the paper.
I have not shoty them since then even though I have them.
Right now it would be pretty hard to get me shooting anything other than the 103 Clay Spencers which are similar to your Copperheads.
I think Donovan Moran has shot them well.
Lynn

Back