6 dasher or 6 dasher Norma?

OK I'll play :) :)..... 6X47L, it's THE SAME THING, only with a neck... and a bunch of stupid baggage about "but it don't shoot as good as the dasher" because folks can't figger out how to make cases.

But the oppp will never see this cuz me'an Butch, we're INVISIBLE!

LOL

OK I'll play :) :)..... 6X47L, it's THE SAME THING, only with a neck... and a bunch of stupid baggage about "but it don't shoot as good as the dasher" because folks can't figger out how to make cases.

But the oppp will never see this cuz me'an Butch, we're INVISIBLE!

LOL

Chuckle chuckle chuckle

alinwa ,

I have a 6X47 Lapua.

I would like to shoot Berger 87 gr VDL.

Please recommend what powders I should try?

Thank you

alinwa ,

I have a 6X47 Lapua.

Thank you

John, I built one of my Grandsons a 6X47L and it loves 95 Bibs.I don't remember the load though. It has been at least 10 years ago.

alinwa ,

I have a 6X47 Lapua.

Thank you

I don't know :)

I've never fired a bullet lighter than 105 through a 6X47L as far as I can remember...... and I remember quite a ways back.

Maybe it's in this thread, dunno. This pig went on for YEARS! http://benchrest.com/showthread.php?58805-Al-s-6x47L

But I don't remember much of it..... I'm two reamers away, a bunch of barrels and recently found GREAT success in neckturning a set of new cases on the lathe (I'd been using my original cases from this build back in the day until this year, thru many chamberings and two updated reamers. My body size and taper is identical through several chamberings from 22 to a 30X47L I've been working with for HBR.. I even recently had a 6.5 Creedmoor reamer made and used the same exact body. Makes it wikkid handy for dies)

i guess if the 6x47 is so great you will have to show me some population at 1000 yard bench rest matches and record books ?? even pro rifle guys love the dasher.

i guess if the 6x47 is so great you will have to show me some population at 1000 yard bench rest matches and record books ?? even pro rifle guys love the dasher.

I’ll have to agree. Dasher has won and still winning more than the 6x47 ever dreamed of.
To the original question Lapua brass is usually the way to go.

I appreciate the extra info but of the two, which would you choose and why? I have Lapua brass for my 6br stuff but I like Norma brass too.

I appreciate the extra info but of the two, which would you choose and why? I have Lapua brass for my 6br stuff but I like Norma brass too.

I've run both for 1000 yard benchrest. Initially using Lapua 6BR brass but, when the Norma brass came along - why not?

Never had any problems with the Norma brass - just as accurate and it does take the pain out of case-forming. Used a PT&G reamer.

Apparently some shooters have had extraction issues but no problems with my Stiller or Bat actions.

VinceB (UK)

I don't understand your quip about the 6X47L. What has it to do with a young man's hunting rifle?

Back