50 grain .224 BR Bullets

S

Stilesville204

I decided to shoot my 222 BR rifle again for the first time in a while and noticed that the 50 grain Berger match that it likes isn't available anymore. Are there any 50 grain BR bullets available, or am I SOL.

Thanks
Bruce

I tried Berger, Bruno, Euber, Sierra, 52's with reasonable success. The 50's with 748 dropped it comfortably into the one's when I did my part.?

try some 50 gr hornady zmax.
they do well for a production bullet...me thinks the tip helps

Will any of the hunting bullets shoot with the Berger or other BR grade bullets ?

I would definitely try Barts, but also try the BIBs. Both great 22cal bullets that I've found shoot well in a finicky factory gun I've had forever.

That 2 grains is all in your head. If there's truly something involved with the 50s, it's probably the diameter of the bullet.

The Euber, Bruno, Berger 52's I tried aren't match grade ? The Berger 50 dropped groups from 1/4 inch to low two's at best with the 52's, to middle and upper teens for the best groups with the 50's. I've never measured the 50 and 52 Bergers, should I expect to see a difference ?

All of those are match worthy bullets. But like others have said, every bullet is different. Pick another such as Bart's or the Berger 52 and work-up your tune (ie, vary the charge, seating depths, etc). I find it hard to believe your gun is only capable of 1's with the of 50 gr Berger.

-Lee
www.singleactions.com

With Barts, Bergers, Bibs or whatever, start with the same jam, or jump, you were shooting the old ones with then finish tuning with the powder load.

Back