50-5x...200 yards

ScottD

Riverbend Score Match

This past Saturday, Ray Brooks shot a 50-5x target at 200 yards. I have never seen it done or heard of such a thing ...especially at Riverbend. And it wasn't even plugged - a "no question" 5x.

Funny part was, just before, Ray said he was selling that rifle...he may still, but the price just went up.

here are the scores http://benchrest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57872

Congrats

Scott

Not at all unheard of

Not to make light of a very nice target and 50-5x at 200 but its not exactly unheard of and in fact in the attached photo you will see Orland Bunker of Maine holding a very nice 50-5x target shot at the Orrington Gun club on Sunday of Memorial day weekend in 2007.

This was shot with a Hunter class Rifle with a 6 power scope.

Now thats something else in my mind thats why I took the photo

Dick

orland5x.jpg

Great target and to add...

Charlie Kirkpatrick shot a 50-5X at 200 at the NBRSA Gulf Regional at Tomball a couple of years ago (Hunter class/6X scope). Now to even beat that...Jim Hostetler shot a 50-5X at 300yds at the NBRSA Hunter Louisiana State match this year(Hunter class/6X scope). Sometimes the wind blows with ya!;)

Great target and to add...

Charlie Kirkpatrick shot a 50-5X at 200 at the NBRSA Gulf Regional at Tomball a couple of years ago (Hunter class/6X scope). Now to even beat that...Jim Hostetler shot a 50-5X at 300yds at the NBRSA Hunter Louisiana State match this year(Hunter class/6X scope). Sometimes the wind blows with ya!;)

It was pretty cool ! On that target Mr. Mirage was on break and Mr. Wind fell asleep with a NICE all green condition blowing lightly. I had a good hold off and just busted out those 5 X's like it was a 100 yd target, ie I knew I shot an X when I pulled the trigger.

Unfortunately, the "50-0x" targets on each side of the 5x sealed my fate :eek:

It was pretty cool ! On that target Mr. Mirage was on break and Mr. Wind fell asleep with a NICE all green condition blowing lightly. I had a good hold off and just busted out those 5 X's like it was a 100 yd target, ie I knew I shot an X when I pulled the trigger.

Unfortunately, the "50-0x" targets on each side of the 5x sealed my fate :eek:

LOL, I know how that feels. I shot two 50-5X targets at 200 at Thurmont, earlier this year, same match...ended up with a TOTAL of 11 X's:mad:, and down a point. Didn't even make the top ten.

Shooting a 50-5x

At 2 or 300 yds with any rifle is a pretty big deal. Shooting one @ 300, now that's "Gettin er Done"

Last edited:
I have a 50-5X 300 yard target shot with a 6PPC from match 1 at Thurmont some years ago. I ended up finishing with enough X's to break the record, but was down a point. When did I drop the point??? In match 2, of course...........I was sure I was "Superman" after shooting that 5X, but I somehow got my cape caught on the bench.:eek:

'guess we've all been there........

-Dave-:)

Ray,

It was a great target and you shot superbly on Saturday. The best part, though, was watching how happy you were the rest of the day, and rightfully so. See you next year.

Dave

50-5x

I have done it only one time at 200 yards in New Braunfalls back around 99. The old 30-30 was really shooting that day.

Michael

Back