40x Actions

old roper

I have acouple 40x actions that I plan on selling in the near future and I was wondering what's a fair selling price. Both are SA one is a repeater with stripper clip and 308 bolt face other is single shoot 222 bolt face. If I decide to sell them I'll place an ad here. thanks Tom

George, other than one being a little older and the other is a single shot, they are no different than the 700. If they wer complete rifles it would be a different story.
Butch

It would be better if the 308 bolt face was the single shot, as far as being able to sell it.

Keep in mind, a 40x is a complete Rifle, and there is a certain value attached to the "brand". Just the action, especially if it is a repeater, looses a lot of that when taken away from the rest of the parts.

The solid bottom 40x used to be in demand a s a Benchrest platform, but the advent of the lower cost customs, such as those by Stiller and Borden, have pretty well killed that market.

40-X action

would be interested in that 222 boltface single shot action when you decide to cut it loose.

Back