40 S&W chamber pressure

I'd pass on 40 S&W reloads. Down here in the States,you can sometimes find a sale on factory 40 S&W,180gr. 1,000 rounds for less than you pay for a 6mm barrel blank.

Glenn

Wilbur

Exactly what CMaier said in his post.

HS-7 is no longer made. Since pistol powder is in short supply and I found this 8lb jug at a good price I scooped it up.

Curiousity about pressure is because of the holding basically a grenade in your hand every time you pull the trigger. I do not worry about that just wondering if I could get it up to 1000fps. I am seating the bullets as long as I can and still fit the mag. That in theory lowers the pressure. I thought someone may have Quick load or whatever program it is that could give me an idea.

Would it be worth trying titegroup? I have a few others on hand (Bullseye, Lil Gun and Unique) just a few pounds of each but that is for powder puff plated bullets and my full bore magnum loads for my 686 in .357 Mag. If I go out and shoot a few speed loads in the 686 every now and then I am happy so that powder should last me long enough until maybe we start seeing more. Not sure if and when we will see Alliant powder back in Canada. Has not been any in at least 3 years.

Thanks for the answers guys. I'll try to stay out of the handgun stuff from now on. I thought Calvin had fired such a load but looking back he doesn't indicate any such thing.

Probably would be good if I just didn't post...but I can't help it!

No need

To apologize Wilbur. I am NO expert when it comes to handguns. All I know is I like to get the most out of my firearms....

based on what you have posted, i BELIEVE you can move up in powder.
QUICLOAD does not have 7 in its list, so i used 6. you have room to go.

Back