340 Wby mag with Lapua 300 gr. Scenar question

340longshot

Is anybody out there shooting them new 300 grain Lapua Scenar bullets in a 340 Weatherby or similar cartridge? I'm trying them out and they're seating kinda hard, (.339 dia) and pretty deep in my 340 Wby Shilen SS Match barrel. 2/3's of the bullet in down in the case with .005 left to the lands, but they're shooting GREAT with 1 1/2 grains less Re-22 getting the same velocity, putting my old reliable SMK's to shame, does anybody know if I can run 340 Wby mag cases in a 338 Win. , 338 RUM, or 338 Lapua Redding type S bushing die without wrecking my cases? They don't make one for the 340 Wby, and after writing to Redding with little help in a response, I don't have the $400.00 and 6 month to wait for a custom die right now. Thoughts on a neck reamer? Thanks in advance and Merry Christmas!
Brandon

Thank you Charles!

I'll go check it out right now Charles, thank you for your help and Merry Christmas to you!
Brandon

I have a Redding bushing die for my 340 Wby. You can always buy a 300 WBY bushing die and just order the larger bushing. Same exact case and die. Mine, however, is labeled 340 Wby.

340 wby bushing die

MANY THANKS Dennis!! That's exactly what I needed to know!

Back