34 Ford on the 4th of July

TomD

e publius unum
37 Ford on the 4th of July

There was a local car show at out town square this afternoon, this 37 Ford won its category. It was so crowded that every angle I shot it at had kids or stores or more people or signs, or whatever lousing up the shot. So I used a picture of the sky as the background. Like the way it turned out.

Edit: changed the year, thanks for the tips.

4761149787_187b241fa8_b.jpg

Last edited:
I admit that I can identify cars from the 50's on but before that I'm clueless. Whatever the car is, it's gorgeous, pure art.

Edit post to include different view.

4764551268_8d8fa16119_b.jpg

Last edited:
A 1937 it is. Ford did not imbed the headlights in the fender until 1937. One exception is the Phaeton (sp) from 1936.

Chuck.

Here's the Mustang. The owner told me that it had a 289 "hi-performance" 271 HP motor. The transmission is a 4 speed, naturally. That GT A badge? Didn't they come with 390's? I had a 66 Fairlane with that combo. I wouldn't admit it at the time but compared to the GM offerings of the time, the 390 made a great boat anchor. It was just totally outclassed by the 389's and 396's and even the Chrysler 383's.

The 289's were good motors though.

M4th19.jpg

Oh you had to say boat anchor ..
I am so going to stop there .. I'm a Chevy / GMC type ..
427 429 390 's had a stay in NASCAR with good results in that era though. 289 ??? no replacement for displacement .. not heavy enough to bend the kids swing set when you have to pull it out, so that would be a good point.

67 k-code

The mustang is a '67. Cowlings behind door give it away. The 271hp 289 was the solid lifter version that Shelbly also used in the Cobra. They dropped it in '68 for the 302. I wonder what kind of groups it shoots?

Gunsmoke
On your rear window louvers when they are down they have two swingout style clamps that keep the louvers in place.You wouldn't happen to have a spare set would you?
Waterboy

Back