.338 barrel questions

Al Nyhus

"It'll never work!"
'Morning.

For those shooting the .338's in LR competition, what barrel maker(s) seem to have a good handle on the .338's? The preference would be for a cut rifled barrel with non-canted land (conventional) rifling. Looking at the match reports gives darn little info. Looking for some solid real world experience...not interested in holding a mfgs. feet to the fire for the occasional tomato stake. Feel free tp PM me with your thoughs, if you'd prefer.

Thanks in advance! :) -Al

'Morning.

For those shooting the .338's in LR competition, what barrel maker(s) seem to have a good handle on the .338's? The preference would be for a cut rifled barrel with non-canted land (conventional) rifling. Looking at the match reports gives darn little info. Looking for some solid real world experience...not interested in holding a mfgs. feet to the fire for the occasional tomato stake. Feel free tp PM me with your thoughs, if you'd prefer.

Thanks in advance! :) -Al

PM sent

Keep in mind that I have much less experience and knowledge than Dave when you weigh my advice.

I used two 1-9.4" twist Brux barrels on two separate 338 LM builds and both did very well at 1,000 yards, I did not get to stretch the legs on the 338's before I sold them off. One very lucky day shooting one of the builds I hit the spindle on the marker two times in a row at 1,000, with the brake and time of flight I had my eyes on the target before impact and could see the marker disk flutter to ground.

Additional caveat I am very bias towards the brothers in Lodi as their customer service is as good or better than their barrels, they are just good folk.

wade

Back